• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

At least as an assistant athletic director with duties tied directly to football 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Sure Leavitt with his consistent record of never finishing above .500 in conference games.   That will win us a seat at the big boy table.  :facepalm:  Notice that no other school has ever offered Leavitt a head coaching job since USF?  There has to be a reason for that.

If you want a proven ex-coach who had a winning record in conference games and holds the USF record for most regular season wins, then Taggart is your man.  Sure he started slow, but he quickly abandoned the pro set offense and went with a high speed spread offense.  That is what made USF successful under Taggart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

40 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

Sure Leavitt with his consistent record of never finishing above .500 in conference games.   That will win us a seat at the big boy table.  :facepalm:  Notice that no other school has ever offered Leavitt a head coaching job since USF?  There has to be a reason for that.

If you want a proven ex-coach who had a winning record in conference games and holds the USF record for most regular season wins, then Taggart is your man.  Sure he started slow, but he quickly abandoned the pro set offense and went with a high speed spread offense.  That is what made USF successful under Taggart.

It also took him more than 9 games to figure it out. Maybe a little patience from some people on here. I'm not happy and want to see progress but jeez.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It also took him more than 9 games to figure it out. Maybe a little patience from some people on here. I'm not happy and want to see progress but jeez.

Yes it is borderline ridiculous right now.  

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

You know this was baked into the cake a long time ago. 

I think my biggest take from the last 10 or so years of watching USF football is it was pretty amazing what Jim Leavitt pulled off. Sure USF was fortunate in some of it's relationships to get called up to CUSA and then the Big East but Jim really did a lot with not a lot of resources. 

I recall how frustrated with Leavitt I was in 2009 and really had let the high of the FSU win really skew my perception. But he was prophetic in his comment that USF would not be great. He knew what was coming. 

I think the best thing that USF could do is see if he would ever accept a Jim Leavitt day in the future. October 16th when SMU is on a bye week, fly him in, bring his mom in and have a little halftime event.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

The reason is Leavitt was fired for allegedly slapping a player (like a girl).  He was skewered in the papers and that makes him untouchable - not a bad coach.

Taggart....  :roflmao:

He's a great recruiter.  We couldn't again support the support staff to put around him to make sure he would make the right decisions for the talent he had.  Taggart didn't care about USF - he wanted to make his bag.  He did, now he cares even less.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

That will win us a seat at the big boy table.  :facepalm:  

I don't think you understand how college football works. USF is NEVER going to sit "at the big boy table". 

What just happened recently wasn't UH, BYU, UCF & Cincy joining the Big Boy Table.....it was OSU, TTU, Baylor were REMOVED from the Big Boy Table. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

If you're thinking of replacing Jeff and Brad don't forget us.

null

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

If you're thinking of replacing Jeff and Brad don't forget us.

null

image.jpeg

unsee-cant.gif

• Haha 3