• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cade gets the start this week against UF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

39 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I wonder if Cade is like a former QB we had before where he’s litghs out in practice but has stage fright when it’s game time.?

Or he had a bad game and, like any QB we have, will struggle against UF and hopefully get better as the year progresses. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

Why are you arguing about a guy who threw for 126 yards with 2 interceptions as if it makes ANY difference? We're going to get curb stomped within a dumpster fire with a side of boat raced. McClain v. Fortin on a production level is pointless. If you're saying both had a half, one threw for 80 yards and 2 interceptions and the other went for 250 with 4 interceptions if we extrapolate for a game. Both didn't do **** for points. What's better?

But, if you want to throw McClain to the wolves since he's a freshman, I'm fine with that. At least there is the possibility McClain learns from and gets better because of the game this week. 

then we would be mopped up and dumped behind the woodshed.

That should completely sum it up.

However, maybe just maybe we truly did play our worst game of the season in the first game.  We shall see.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Can only say so much on Cade. I like him as a QB and obviously at NC State he tanked. Hope he does better against FL. NC St has an awesome D. FL prob wont look the same as they did at FAU. It would be nice to be competitive. 

On another note: I recorded the ND V FSU game and watched it yesterday. Entertaining for sure. The amazing part, McKenzie Milton! That kid is awesome what a story. He came in and he looked like he never missed a step with his injury. Tough not to want good things for that guy. True Athlete

5 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Can only say so much on Cade. I like him as a QB and obviously at NC State he tanked. Hope he does better against FL. NC St has an awesome D. FL prob wont look the same as they did at FAU. It would be nice to be competitive. 

On another note: I recorded the ND V FSU game and watched it yesterday. Entertaining for sure. The amazing part, McKenzie Milton! That kid is awesome what a story. He came in and he looked like he never missed a step with his injury. Tough not to want good things for that guy. True Athlete

So true. Not a FSU fan but was definitely pulling for the kid.  And anyone that can make Brian Kelly turn red is okay in my book.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

So true. Not a FSU fan but was definitely pulling for the kid.  And anyone that can make Brian Kelly turn red is okay in my book.

As a USF-FSU grad I watched that game with much interest.  I am definitely pulling for MM but I cringe every time he takes off running.  

As for Cade, I thought he looked terrible to start but settled down later.  While not great, I am not ready to throw in the towel on him yet.

5 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

As a USF-FSU grad I watched that game with much interest.  I am definitely pulling for MM but I cringe every time he takes off running.  

As for Cade, I thought he looked terrible to start but settled down later.  While not great, I am not ready to throw in the towel on him yet.

He's our best option for now. That probably won't be the case in 5 or 6 more games.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't know what to think of Fortin... I recall Q having some really off passes early in games and turning it around. Cade doesn't have the other skills that Q had though, so it's hard to give him the same pass on some bad throws when he doesn't bring the same abilities to the table. I would also say Q had ice water in his veins, when the team needed him the most, he was at his best. Playing a game against a superior opponent, he wouldn't have wilted under the pressure, he would have been above his mean.

So... while Cade may settle in, and early in the game, the plays were indeed there, I don't think I have any hope that he's going to rise to the occasion playing UF, I have a feeling it will be more cracking under pressure.

Maybe he'll surprise us and hit some early throws. The game on Thursday was almost a comedy of errors to get us to the point of defeated. If he hits the first throw over the middle, we probably score on that drive. I think the TE at least gets to FG range on that play. The tipped ball to their WR on their first drive was horrible luck... Then if Cade hits the deep ball, we're starting to feel good about what we're doing and the whole game changes. I wasn't impressed with NC States QB early. He hit some throws, but I would have liked to see him feeling some pressure to make plays instead of being comfortable the whole game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Cade would be my first choice. We supposedly have a pretty good stable of QB's. Marsh? Haven't heard much on him. Williams the same. McClain is prob our future-talented kid but, I bet he gets red shirted after game 4 unless we are on a train wreck course..but, maybe then too. CJS referenced possibility on an interview...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

13 hours ago, emrober5 said:

Not a big deal. If Fortin can't move the ball we will see McClain quickly. (Like 3rd or 4th drive quickly).

USF ain't winning this game. Give the kid another shot if you REALLY think he has something.

bam. 

Coach does more harm by giving up completely on his starter after 1 half, than if he gives him another shot and pulls him after a few bad drives. Chill people.  

Edited by hm101
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Sure Fortin will start the game, but does anyone think he will finish it?

He will either get pulled for sucking (again), get hurt (again), or the score will be such a blow out that the coaching staff puts in McClain for some reps.

Gotta suck to be him, only way he finishes this game is if it's close all the way, which it won't be. Dude's psyche is gonna be messed up.

At this point I'd just ride McClain all the way through the season under the banner of him "being the future that has to go through freshman growing pains etc."