• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cade gets the start this week against UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So a super stiff, non-mobile QB against some of the best talent and speed from the state of Florida? What could go wrong?

Looks good in practice because our defense couldn't stop sperm if they were Goodyear tires.

Edited by Skingraft
  • Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, Skingraft said:

So a super stiff, non-mobile QB against some of the best talent and speed from the state of Florida? What could go wrong?

He is more mobile that the kid from Miami.  McClain is still learning the offense. Don't know about Marsh.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

The goal of this week is to stay healthy. Go ahead and start Cade, but every single week moving forward this should be Timmy McClain's team. Yeah he had some bad turnovers last week, but if we remember Q's first season.... IF we give him this time to develop and grow with the team and his confidence, it could pay off tremendously. This could be our best opportunity to commit to him and time up a successful span for the program in a couple years when the second round of expansion comes

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You really can't dump him after less than a half if he was your definitive guy coming out of camp ...... interesting to see how things play out if he continues to miss wide open receivers.

Matt Floyd would like a word with you.

And yes you can absolutely dump someone if they are unable to move the ball against an unranked first string defense, and it was said person's first start in like 3 years.

The main reason to do the switch now though is because a mobile quarterback is how you compensate for not having a lot of offensive weapons.  I hate that we are doing this experiment again, with another coach trying to install a pocket passer, instead of using a system that works wonders in college ball.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Matt Floyd would like a word with you.

And yes you can absolutely dump someone if they are unable to move the ball against an unranked first string defense, and it was said person's first start in like 3 years.

The main reason to do the switch now though is because a mobile quarterback is how you compensate for not having a lot of offensive weapons.  I hate that we are doing this experiment again, with another coach trying to install a pocket passer, instead of using a system that works wonders in college ball.

Let’s see who starts vs FAMU, in this game it really doesn’t matter and you don’t want to throw freshman to the lions.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

johnny depp fear GIF
buckle up boys this week will be a tough one

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

He is more mobile that the kid from Miami.  McClain is still learning the offense. Don't know about Marsh.

It's a **** sandwich and we are all taking a bite. See you Saturday I'm sure man. Need to hit you up anyways.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Not a big deal. If Fortin can't move the ball we will see McClain quickly. (Like 3rd or 4th drive quickly).

USF ain't winning this game. Give the kid another shot if you REALLY think he has something.

• Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Let’s see who starts vs FAMU, in this game it really doesn’t matter and you don’t want to throw freshman to the lions.

I know a lot of people think like that, but idunno it doesn't make much sense to me.  If you think someone won't cut it, don't give give them more reps.  And if losing a single game is enough to stunt a freshman's growth, I don't see how he was going to be 'the guy' anyways.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Like 1

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

He is the sacrificial lamb...I mean starter.  Let Fortin take most of the abuse and I'm sure McClain will get in during the game some. 

FAMU will be McClains first start.