• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why did you go to USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

Pretty self-explanatory. What made you choose USF over other schools?

My story: I grew up a UF fan, had all their swag. Had Florida Pre-paid setup, moved to Tennesse. I applied there, and only there. My dad told me to check out USF, so I sent an application in. Got the letter from UF in, rejected. USF gave me a scholarship though, so went there and don’t regret it a bit.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Honestly I grew up in South Florida, my dad lived in Tampa so I knew the area. I had a girl I liked that was up the road at UF and transfered after a year at FAU after I was clearly not good enough to play College FB. 100% best choice I ever made. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

went to a lot of games growing up with a group of friends. in hindsight the parents we're probably just taking turns taking all the kids to the games so the others wouldn't need a baby sitter. But that turned me into a big Bulls fan.

Got accepted to USF/UF/FSU/UCF, realized no matter where I went I was going to be a USF fan above that school so decided to stick with USF.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I say this at every chance.  Applied to UF where girlfriend went.  Also applied to USF.  That was it.  Accepted by both, but stayed close to home for my mom in San Antonio.  Also received a scholarship from USF.  I remain proud of turning down Florida! 😄

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I had graduated from St. Petersburg Junior College and when it was time to go to a 4 year school I applied to UF/FSU/UCF/USF/FAU/FIU but that was a waste of application fee money because i wanted to stay in this area and go to USF. 

I always loved this area and this school.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

My daughter and my :smileys-money-702364::smileys-money-702364::smileys-money-702364: went there.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I was at Kansas University running track and was in year three of getting my degree. My parents had just retired to Palm Harbor and both got seriously ill at the same time. They needed care and asked if I could take a semester off and help them. The coaches gave their blessing with a redshirt year. But my parents were a mess health wise and I lost interest in running track and returning to KU. It was too late to apply to USF so I attended my first semester as a non degree seeking commuter students (while still taking courses toward my degree in political science) and discovered that I loved the faculty and the academics at USF. My parents slowly got better and I applied to USF and got in. I moved into Fontana Hall for one year and then Beta my second year (plus a summer). All of this was a bit tramatic at times (as the campus and college life was poor at the time), but the decision to attend USF was the best one I ever made in my life…I do feel lucky. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

Moved to Brandon my senior year of high school, joined the army right after high school, had a few sisters that worked at Busch Gardens and thought that would be a cool job to have while going to college and USF was right down the road so I applied and attended as soon as the tour ended. Not much thought went into my decision, never regretted the decision but can’t say I have ever done backflips about it either, had a good time. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

Grew up in cold, snowy upstate New York. Florida sure sounded great for college. Majored in journalism, so going to school in the town that - at that time - had two major daily newspapers seemed like the perfect choice. It was. Got a great education, made lifelong friends, had great internships that set me up for my career. Love the university and that has just been enhanced by my daughter’s current experience as a Bull. 

Dad brag alert: 

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

My daughter and my :smileys-money-702364::smileys-money-702364::smileys-money-702364: went there.

And I should add that it was the palm trees along the entrance road (we were in Tampa visiting friends and had time to kill) and some shirtless guys a few months later at a MBB game on TV that sold her.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1