• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, zarnozdabull said:

We will be better than .500 year three. I'm willing to bet anything on it.

By how much, however, is another question.

As long as we are I will be happier by how much is another question contingent entirely on the amount of games above it. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

That it would be difficult is why it would get praise as would 5 wins, 3-4 would be holding serve and getting 1 is failure. Do you honestly believe that it was not possible for anyone to have won 3 games last season? 

Not with the talent level we had, especially at QB. You might - and stress might - have been able to get wins over Temple and Memphis as those were losses by a combined 3 points. But no other head coach was going to make a difference in wins and losses on the other 6 games where we lost by an average of 28.1 points.

One could argue that with a different coach, we may not have even been competitive in the Temple and Memphis games, so that argument goes both ways.

But the bigger question is, why do you think winning 3 games - which is the now the acid test for your argument - an improvement since you entire argument is based on 1 win being less than 4 wins?? 

When I think you are being an insufferable blowhard with arguments that are weaker than North Korea's Bill of Rights, then you have really jumped the shark.

Edited by bjef4844

9 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Not with the talent level we had, especially at QB. You might - and stress might - have been able to get wins over Temple and Memphis as those were losses by a combined 3 points. But no other head coach was going to make a difference in wins and losses on the other 6 games where we lost by an average of 28.1 points.

One could argue that with a different coach, we may not have even been competitive in the Temple and Memphis games, so that argument goes both ways.

But the bigger question is, why do you think winning 3 games - which is the now the acid test for your argument - an improvement since you entire argument is based on 1 win being less than 4 wins?? 

When I think you are being an insufferable blowhard with arguments that are that weak, then you have really jumped the shark.

I absolutely think that many coaches could have won those other two games and I do not accept that because we got blown out means that no one else could have been competitive. I think CJS started behind the 8 ball by deciding to delay his transition, I also believe that his hires were lazy convenient choices that should have expected scrutiny following their failures and he made very basic rookie mistakes that would not be expected by anyone that has successfully lead before (ones that he acknowledged and is saying he is trying to correct going forward). Given that we had less games last season we could have had a discussion about if 3 wins would have been enough to call this season at least a push but that we won a single one removes all doubt and clearly places year one as an unmitigated failure that CJS did more than just become a victim of circumstance for, he actively contributed to and even created failure.

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I absolutely think that many coaches could have won those other two games and I do not accept that because we got blown out means that no one else could have been competitive.

Maybe, but we didn't hire those coaches and we didn't sign this coach to a one year deal, so I am more than happy to see how things go. 

12 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Maybe, but we didn't hire those coaches and we didn't sign this coach to a one year deal, so I am more than happy to see how things go. 

I will be perfectly happy when I can see a tangible positive path forward and people do not try to make up nuances to football which historically is easily measured in wins and losses. CJS managed to lose every single FBS game and that’s not even as good as several FCS level programs, there is no nuanced way to look at that level of failure. It sucks and he needs to do better as measured in wins and losses.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

It sucks and he needs to do better as measured in wins and losses.

giphy.gif

Just now, Triple B said:

giphy.gif

If it were that obvious we wouldn’t be discussing the tremendous effort put into managing to go defeated 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If it were that obvious we I wouldn’t be discussing the tremendous effort put into managing to go defeated 

It is that obvious and really the only one going on and on and on about this **** is you ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

When I think you are being an insufferable blowhard with arguments that are weaker than North Korea's Bill of Rights, then you have really jumped the shark.

That all may be true but at least he didn’t get banned like Brybull for being a negative troll, that guy must have been a real loser, don’t you think? 😀

• Haha 1

Gregory's buyout is $435k.