• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It’s way early but Cade is leading the QB derby

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/3/2021 at 10:03 AM, BullyPulpit said:

This doesn't tell us too much. Williams is just learning the offense. McClain in a freshman. It says more about Marsh than it does the others. May the best player win and let's get this program moving in the right direction. 

I would agree this just shows Cade is ahead of Marsh.

Will have to watch if Williams can catch up to Cade later in the fall or spring.

I dont expect anything from the Freshmen unless he is a complete stud qb he won't be playing this season outside maybe some garbage time.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Matt Floyd once was a spring and fall camp hero. I won’t be counting my chickens yet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Matt Floyd once was a spring and fall camp hero. I won’t be counting my chickens yet.

Pretty sure Matt Floyd was all that we had. This team has depth at the position and it’s going to make the others competing better. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Pretty sure Matt Floyd was all that we had.

We had an ex-Big 10 qb, a future NFL qb and a qb with a win over a multi natty winning program .....

Seriously though, for me, the only time I'm comfortable with the qb position is when we have a returning one who's actually done something HERE ....

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We had an ex-Big 10 qb, a future NFL qb and a qb with a win over a multi natty winning program .....

Seriously though, for me, the only time I'm comfortable with the qb position is when we have a returning one who's actually done something HERE ....

Yeah, that NFL QB did not fit our system at all and needed total protection as he had little mobility. The Big 10 QB was pretty much a stiff. Not sure who was the QB that beat a national champion but it really does not matter as none were worth a **** while playing here. Bottom line Matt Floyd would not even be on this team. 

I will stay with these three we have and state they are the best three in a system that we have had (simultaneously) in some time. The reports about McClain are especially exciting with his scrambling and running today...hearing Cade posted two 50 yard TDs sounds better than any summer camp reports we heard last year. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

Fortin is made out of glass. 
Lets hope Williams picks up the offensive scheme in time. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah, that NFL QB did not fit our system at all and needed total protection as he had little mobility. The Big 10 QB was pretty much a stiff. Not sure who was the QB that beat a national champion but it really does not matter as none were worth a **** while playing here. Bottom line Matt Floyd would not even be on this team. 

I will stay with these three we have and state they are the best three in a system that we have had (simultaneously) in some time. The reports about McClain are especially exciting with his scrambling and running today...hearing Cade posted two 50 yard TDs sounds better than any summer camp reports we heard last year. 

You really forgot the greatness that was Bobby Eveld?

I do agree that, on paper, we are significantly ahead of last year at that position based mainly on a healthy Fortin and Williams coming in ...... and them having an actual Spring, which also helps with McClain being here.

By the same token, to me, we don't really have **** until one of them makes a mark in the regular season here ....

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You really forgot the greatness that was Bobby Eveld?

I do agree that, on paper, we are significantly ahead of last year at that position based mainly on a healthy Fortin and Williams coming in ...... and them having an actual Spring, which also helps with McClain being here.

By the same token, to me, we don't really have **** until one of them makes a mark in the regular season here ....

Thanks...forgot all about Bobby. Seems like eons ago doesn’t it? Yes, I agree I need to see something in the regular season as well, but at the same time it just “seems” like there is some real juice in this spring practice...I suspect some of that might be due to the fact it was all cancelled last year. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thanks...forgot all about Bobby. Seems like eons ago doesn’t it? Yes, I agree I need to see something in the regular season as well, but at the same time it just “seems” like there is some real juice in this spring practice...I suspect some of that might be due to the fact it was all cancelled last year. 

Was it him or Tommy Eveld that was moved to WR/TE position for us?

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

Was it him or Tommy Eveld that was moved to WR/TE position for us?

Hummm...good question...I believe it may be him but I am not certain.