• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It’s way early but Cade is leading the QB derby

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hummm...good question...I believe it may be him but I am not certain.

Bobby was a statue and fumbled every third play due to our line and no pocket presence and getting sacked.  Both of them played baseball but I will always remember bobby in ot beating Miami, even though I will always give that victory to our d line and the biggest ass and head to ever play for us McClain was a submarine monster that stopped a couple first and goals from the one. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Bobby was a statue and fumbled every third play due to our line and no pocket presence and getting sacked.  Both of them played baseball but I will always remember bobby in ot beating Miami, even though I will always give that victory to our d line and the biggest ass and head to ever play for us McClain was a submarine monster that stopped a couple first and goals from the one. 

The defense played incredible that day...especially in crunch time. It was Skippy’s biggest moment. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 3/5/2021 at 2:45 PM, chapelbull said:

I'm not sure what you're talking on about.  All I did was comment on the "three legitimate QB's" comment not make a comparison to the group.  The article says that after 4 practices Cade is PROBABLY the MVP and has taken the lead in the competition.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement as the "clear #1".   If you are saying "let's wait and see what happens" then we are in agreement.   If no, then I'm not sure why you keep responding to my posts and are trying to debate.

Two 50 yard TD throws today for "not a ringing endorsement".

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

32 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Two 50 yard TD throws today for "not a ringing endorsement".

Good for him.   Still wasn't a ringing endorsement.  Did he get one today?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Good for him.   Still wasn't a ringing endorsement.  Did he get one today?

I think NEB gave him one .....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So CJS thinks we look good right now? John Travolta once told me Battlefield Earth was an excellent movie.

• Haha 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, JTrue said:

So CJS thinks we look good right now? John Travolta once told me Battlefield Earth was an excellent movie.

I think CJS has a better feel for what the team looks like than we do being with them every single day (and he is probably comparing to last year's team which was a joke).  And I don't think its Coach speak.  He seems like a pretty straight shooter.  

I actually liked Battlefield Earth.  But I'm kind of Syfy geek, so my opinion is probably different than most.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think CJS has a better feel for what the team looks like than we do being with them every single day (and he is probably comparing to last year's team which was a joke).  And I don't think its Coach speak.  He seems like a pretty straight shooter.  

I actually liked Battlefield Earth.  But I'm kind of Syfy geek, so my opinion is probably different than most.

CJS has no problem with coach speak. He spent all of 2020 using it. If he was a true straight shooter, he'd have said, "Well, this team is hot garbage and it's going to be a long year." 

And this doesn't mean Cade isn't the MVP and the clear frontrunner. I'm just not going to get excited until I see it with my own eyes against competition. I don't trust any coach in an interview.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I still can't believe Bobby played good enough to beat Miami...he made a few good throws...but yeah the defense made a ton if big plays that day...

Guest Jonesy Bull
27 minutes ago, JTrue said:

CJS has no problem with coach speak. He spent all of 2020 using it. If he was a true straight shooter, he'd have said, "Well, this team is hot garbage and it's going to be a long year." 

And this doesn't mean Cade isn't the MVP and the clear frontrunner. I'm just not going to get excited until I see it with my own eyes against competition. I don't trust any coach in an interview.

There aren't many Coaches that are going to say that, except for a few.   That would basically throwing your players under the bus, with seems counterintuitive (how's that for a word).  On the flip side, I never heard him say we are improving, or we have a good team, or I like where we are heading this year (stuff like that).  He said right off the bat, don't focus on wins and losses, this is an evaluation year, etc.

Do you remember the old John McKay quote from the Bucs?  You might be too young.  His first year an announcer asked him "What he thought of his team's execution".  He replied "I'm in favor of it"........Now that is a Straight Shooter!