• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It’s way early but Cade is leading the QB derby

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,330
  • Days Won:  0

I have to say I like what Scott is doing at the QB position. Two somewhat solid transfers, a young pocket passer with a huge arm and a young dual threat. Covering all the bases.

Hopefully one of the transfers and young guys work out then we are set for a good amount of time. Things could turn around quickly if they find a QB and recruiting picks up with the IPF until Scott bolts for a better job.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

22 hours ago, chapelbull said:

You have 3 starters, you have none. 

We don't have three starters.  He was about as clear as he could be that Fortin is the starter right now.  If someone else wants it, they will have to raise their game significantly.  Clearly Marsh and McClain have a lot to learn.  Williams still seems to be #2, if he learns the offense I think he is the only one that has a chance to close the gap by fall.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

We don't have three starters.  He was about as clear as he could be that Fortin is the starter right now.  If someone else wants it, they will have to raise their game significantly.  Clearly Marsh and McClain have a lot to learn.  Williams still seems to be #2, if he learns the offense I think he is the only one that has a chance to close the gap by fall.

Well, we are in the same place as last year then.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Well, we are in the same place as last year then.

Not sure how you can make that assessment...at least not right now. The talent is better at the position at this point than last year and one of those guys from last year is playing better than anyone else on the team (Scott’s MVP quote) so far. Now of course they could all **** the bed as it is USF. 

Coach Scott on the QB talent:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure how you can make that assessment...at least not right now. The talent is better at the position at this point than last year and one of those guys from last year is playing better than anyone else on the team (Scott’s MVP quote) so far. Now of course they could all **** the bed as it is USF. 

Coach Scott on the QB talent:

While technically true, Matt Floyd was once the clear front runner for the QB position. Having a clear number 1 is nice, but it could also mean Cade is just not as bad as what has shown up to date. I don't know that to be true, but him being the clear frontrunner means squat today.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, JTrue said:

While technically true, Matt Floyd was once the clear front runner for the QB position. Having a clear number 1 is nice, but it could also mean Cade is just not as bad as what has shown up to date. I don't know that to be true, but him being the clear frontrunner means squat today.

CJS seems to have a pretty high enthusiasm for Cade...never heard that from Skip with Matt. Further, CJS is saying the talent level is high for the QBs on the roster. Could it be coach speak? Perhaps but I would rather hear this than no comment at all. At least Cade has set a bar for others to rise to. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,025
  • Content Count:  7,473
  • Days Won:  10

To tag on to NEBs take, perhaps a motivational tool for the QB that he sees having greater upside? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  1

So the guy who couldn’t beat out McCloud is the best so far? Great. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

To tag on to NEBs take, perhaps a motivational tool for the QB that he sees having greater upside? 

I don't know. Personally, I'd prefer CJS to just be a straight shooter and not intentionally do the mind games .... of course, every other qb on the roster should take it as a motivational tool though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't know. Personally, I'd prefer CJS to just be a straight shooter and not intentionally do the mind games .... of course, every other qb on the roster should take it as a motivational tool though.

At events and zoom meetings I've attended he tends to be a straight shooter.