• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It’s way early but Cade is leading the QB derby

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, jjlovecub said:

So the guy who couldn’t beat out McCloud is the best so far? Great. 

That guy who could not beat him out had not played for some time, had no spring, got COVID, then got injured. Pretty sure the situation is a little more fair for him now. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Well, we are in the same place as last year then.

Not even close.  We have one QB that is way ahead of last year.  Another QB in Williams that looks like he can be there by the fall.  And then two young guys with lots of talent.  The situation seems ideal, and incredibly far away from last year.  This time last year the entire team was only able to practice one time with the new offense.  We could not be farther away from last year, IMO.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  810
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/3/2021 at 10:37 AM, BulledOver said:

Like Cade. His film from NCState looked pretty good. But, he was hurt there and then hurt here?? I think he is talented and a play maker(reminds me of grothe) but I hope he is durable??

Exactly my thought.  He needs an O-line he can trust and stay in the pocket.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Not even close.  We have one QB that is way ahead of last year.  Another QB in Williams that looks like he can be there by the fall.  And then two young guys with lots of talent.  The situation seems ideal, and incredibly far away from last year.  This time last year the entire team was only able to practice one time with the new offense.  We could not be farther away from last year, IMO.

I think you need to look at the original statement about having "3 legitimate players at the position" which I then replied with the old adage about multiple starters.   Obviously CJS will have more time to work with the QBs and the offense in general, but this time last year (more or less) we were excited about a couple new transfers and some young guys that were all talented and "legitimate".  What we need is someone to emerge and be a stud not 3 guys that are "legitimate".   It is obviously very early in the process so there is plenty of time for this to happen and I am in no way passing judgement or being doomy and gloomy.   The best difference is that McLoud is no longer on the roster to fall back on. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

39 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

Yep and know when to slide/go down.  I imagine BJ will provide some great knowledge to these guys. Here's how you stay alive to play another down. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

58 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

Two pillars of USF football. A strong o-line and pocket passing. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Two pillars of USF football. A strong o-line and pocket passing. 

I was wondering why no other coach thought about if they could just improve the oline things would simply fall into place.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I was wondering why no other coach thought about if they could just improve the oline things would simply fall into place.

One of the most difficult to positions to recruit for for a G5 program in Florida. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

3 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I think you need to look at the original statement about having "3 legitimate players at the position" which I then replied with the old adage about multiple starters.   Obviously CJS will have more time to work with the QBs and the offense in general, but this time last year (more or less) we were excited about a couple new transfers and some young guys that were all talented and "legitimate".  What we need is someone to emerge and be a stud not 3 guys that are "legitimate".   It is obviously very early in the process so there is plenty of time for this to happen and I am in no way passing judgement or being doomy and gloomy.   The best difference is that McLoud is no longer on the roster to fall back on. 

Cade being the "MVP" surely sounds legitimate.  Really, I don't see how anyone can compare last year's group with one spring practice in a new offense to this group in any way.  And Cade is clearly #1, which is what you say you want.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

19 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Cade being the "MVP" surely sounds legitimate.  Really, I don't see how anyone can compare last year's group with one spring practice in a new offense to this group in any way.  And Cade is clearly #1, which is what you say you want.

I'm not sure what you're talking on about.  All I did was comment on the "three legitimate QB's" comment not make a comparison to the group.  The article says that after 4 practices Cade is PROBABLY the MVP and has taken the lead in the competition.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement as the "clear #1".   If you are saying "let's wait and see what happens" then we are in agreement.   If no, then I'm not sure why you keep responding to my posts and are trying to debate.