• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This pretty much sums things up...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  0

For all intents and purposes he didn't win 1 freakin game!  Pathetic under any circumstances

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

totally unfair

coach scott was left with crap to work with

cjs is building as foundation and for that  i give him an A

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

To put things in perspective and why the article is rediculous...If this article was written during Skip Holtz's first year he would have gotten a pretty good grade...

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

35 minutes ago, Jon Tonison said:

For all intents and purposes he didn't win 1 freakin game!  Pathetic under any circumstances

nick saban wouldnt have won more at usf this year

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We get it...he was not good last year, he made mistakes, understood. But I will stay with 4/5 wins next year (which still won’t be good enough for you) and double that in 2022. 

We should have got 4-5 wins this season. We have a few close games.  I'm going to write off that CJS just threw this season away to kick players off the team and evaluate the current players. But he never had a goal of making a bowl game or giving us a competitive season. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

2 hours ago, DJBulls said:

To put things in perspective and why the article is rediculous...If this article was written during Skip Holtz's first year he would have gotten a pretty good grade...

CJS did not perform to my expectations this season. That being said, I get your logic. CCS would have received a good grade in his first year according to this article (even though we all saw the writing on the wall).

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

16 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

CJS did not perform to my expectations this season. That being said, I get your logic. CCS would have received a good grade in his first year according to this article (even though we all saw the writing on the wall).

That's fair...but he had all of the cards stacked against him...now if the team only wins a game or two this year then we have a bit of an issue...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I thought we have atleast a few more wins this season...appears team was worse talent wise than I thought.

Now next season I want to see a rebound and real improvement.

If we dont....this will be Kelly

Arrested Development Reaction GIF

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

14 hours ago, usf97 said:

Brent Brennan’s teams looked like hot garbage his 1st two seasons at SJSU.

Just sayin. 

There are plenty of examples of people succeeding following early failures and there are plenty of examples of people that have early success and then fail but the norm of results is that most people that start off winning five games in their first two seasons get fired following their third. It is not impossible to recover from a disastrous start but it is improbable. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Results matter. You can’t simply look at a bad situation and then see bad results and because of the bad starting point and measurable determine there is nothing that could have been done better in the middle to impact results. Let’s take Trump and Covid for example, it is pretty much universally accepted that one of the largest reasons Trump is not President is because of the perceived dropping of the ball on Covid. Covid was an uncontrollable variable thrown at Trump and it had bad results from the Trump administration, most people clearly think that someone else could have done better and got less bad results or that Trump could have done things differently to better impact what was thrown at him. Doing poorly with bad situations gets you a D- and doing better with bad situations gets you a better grade, there is nothing uniquely difficult that CJS faced compared to other first year coaches he just simply almost completely failed his first opportunity while they did not (and all the excuses as to why he had to fail year negative whatever number the apologists are up to now were factored into the scoring or else he would have gotten an F-, why? Because he didn’t win a single game against like situated opponents that’s why).