• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This pretty much sums things up...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

What did they expect under the circumstances?  This is a garbage article...this person viewed this without fully understanding all of the variables involved...

What circumstances do you think uniquely impacted CJS so substantially that he not only could not improve things like others did but should be deemed a success by cutting the wins ,that got another coach fired, by 75 percent?

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And you don’t think that simply has to do with more familiarity, the failing results and wishful thinking more than anything that is grounded in actual facts?

I am not sure what you’re asking, you’re comment is completely unclear. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What circumstances do you think uniquely impacted CJS so substantially that he not only could not improve things like others did but should be deemed a success by cutting the wins ,that got another coach fired, by 75 percent?

Changing the culture of a program, playing a ton of true freshman...shuttling players that didn't fit that culture...Covid...contact tracing...the prior staff not recruiting at a decent level leaving many positions extremely thin and not that talented...I can go on and on...I am actually happy we pulled off a win...you simply don't understand what you are observing if you think another coach could get a number of additional wins under these same circumstances... (maybe you are lit up on game day Billy Madison style, if so...I give you a pass)...this article is laughable though...

Edited by DJBulls

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am not sure what you’re asking, you’re comment is completely unclear. 

What did you observe beyond on program that makes you think our cancer was far worse than the other programs? Are you sure that it’s not simply following this program more intently than others, the fact that we failed more than pretty much every other team and also wishing things to be better here that makes you believe that this was the far worse situation than the others? Perhaps more so than anything that’s actually tangible?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Cool. Another dance tune for these Bulls fans ....

Grail Monks.gif

1 minute ago, DJBulls said:

Changing the culture of a program, playing a ton of true freshman...shuttling players that didn't fit that culture...Covid...contact tracing...I can go on and on...I am actually happy we pulled off a win...you simply don't understand what you are observing if you think another coach could get a number of additional wins under these same circumstances... (maybe you are lit up on game day Billy Madison style, if so...I give you a pass)...this article is laughable though...

And what exactly makes you think CJS faced any of those things more so than the rest of the list that didn’t fail as miserably as he did?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What did you observe beyond on program that makes you think our cancer was far worse than the other programs? Are you sure that it’s not simply following this program more intently than others, the fact that we failed more than pretty much every other team and also wishing things to be better here that makes you believe that this was the far worse situation than the others? Perhaps more so than anything that’s actually tangible?

Again, as I noted, it was just an observation. I do follow CFB closely and did not see any first year coach throwing two kids off the team in the season...at least not one with a new coach (including San Antonio). I mean if your end game is for me to say that this coach sucks then I suggest you don’t waste your time...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, as I noted, it was just an observation. I do follow CFB closely and did not see any first year coach throwing two kids off the team in the season...at least not one with a new coach (including San Antonio). I mean if your end game is for me to say that this coach sucks then I suggest you don’t waste your time...

I don't watch closely enough, but of all the games I saw, I didn't see any teams so bereft of FBS talent than USF was. The toxic waste dump CCS left us is so bad I almost wish he had been around to suffer with what he recruited for us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting xCWT got a B+ with a 5-4 record. Didn't Kiffin tear it up the last two years? 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And what exactly makes you think CJS faced any of those things more so than the rest of the list that didn’t fail as miserably as he did?

Really? All of the variables are the same on each team with a new coach?..they are not ...some actually vary wildly from one team to another...for example...one team may have recruited better up to a coach being fired...another team may not have been affected by players being held out due to covid compared to other schools...etc...

• Upvote 1