• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This pretty much sums things up...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, as I noted, it was just an observation. I do follow CFB closely and did not see any first year coach throwing two kids off the team in the season...at least not one with a new coach (including San Antonio). 

What if and this is a big what if... good coaches adapt some themselves and convert some players they didn’t recruit and then actually produce some wins? That we chose to attrition a large chunk of our team and run schemes and plays that didn’t necessarily look the best with what we have may in fact speak towards earning a D- more so than having it bestowed upon you. Back when I was a teacher there were plenty of students that thought they were picked on by their grade and I would pull out the syllabus and discuss how all the things in there showed them how to get an A and had they done everything perfectly but were given a D- that would be unfair just as it would be to get a C for putting up the worst performance in program history, not having a serviceable offense for the majority of a year, bringing in a recruiting class that didn’t replace the players that were so horrible, having horrible game management and taking out far more of the team than Covid could have even done in a nursing home much less a college football team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

What if and this is a big what if... good coaches adapt some themselves and convert some players they didn’t recruit and then actually produce some wins? That we chose to attrition a large chunk of our team and run schemes and plays that didn’t necessarily look the best with what we have may in fact speak towards earning a D- more so than having it bestowed upon you. Back when I was a teacher there were plenty of students that thought they were picked on by their grade and I would pull out the syllabus and discuss how all the things in there showed them how to get an A and had they done everything perfectly but were given a D- that would be unfair just as it would be to get a C for putting up the worst performance in program history, not having a serviceable offense for the majority of a year, bringing in a recruiting class that didn’t replace the players that were so horrible, having horrible game management and taking out far more of the team than Covid could have even done in a nursing home much less a college football team.

Again not refuting that he made mistakes this year but you can’t compare one team with another with a new coach as there are too many variables in play. Puc I am done discussing this same issue with you over and over. You are not changing my mind, move on to one of the other three things you always post about...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again not refuting that he made mistakes this year but you can’t compare one team with another with a new coach as there are too many variables in play. Puc I am done discussing this same issue with you over and over. You are not changing my mind, move on to one of the other three things you always post about...

Fair enough but I’m pretty sure I was agreeing with an article, that most other posters were also agreeing with when you addressed me about the topic...

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Fair enough but I’m pretty sure I was agreeing with an article, that most other posters were also agreeing with when you addressed me about the 

Fair enough, but I think the poster was agreeing with the mistakes that were made by Scott (which we all do)...not the comparison to other programs...which I feel your position is erroneous on. But again neither of us are going to change any minds. 

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:
35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Fair enough but I’m pretty sure I was agreeing with an article, that most other posters were also agreeing with when you addressed me about the 

Fair enough, but I think the poster was agreeing with the mistakes that were made by Scott (which we all do)...not the comparison to other programs...which I feel your position is erroneous on. But again neither of us are going to change any minds. 

Expand  

I think there are people that honestly believe that CJS did the absolute best anyone in the same position could have done and that I take umbrage with far more than your position, I think we both believe that he is new to the position and has the possibility for growth as much as anyone. Ultimately the only person that will define CJS’ tenure is CJS and that will all have a lot more to do with the next couple of years than this first year. You like to think that because he can grow he will but I am taking more of the wait and see approach and would like to see some tangible growth before I believe that it inevitably will happen, not that either position particularly matters at this juncture (unless you are a believer that CJS is simply fortunes fool and there is absolutely nothing he good have done to improve his station this year, in which case you are just flat wrong).

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think there are people that honestly believe that CJS did the absolute best anyone in the same position could have done and that I take umbrage with far more than your position, I think we both believe that he is new to the position and has the possibility for growth as much as anyone. Ultimately the only person that will define CJS’ tenure is CJS and that will all have a lot more to do with the next couple of years than this first year. You like to think that because he can grow he will but I am taking more of the wait and see approach and would like to see some tangible growth before I believe that it inevitably will happen, not that either position particularly matters at this juncture (unless you are a believer that CJS is simply fortunes fool and there is absolutely nothing he good have done to improve his station this year, in which case you are just flat wrong).

I agree with you on that...he could have done better for sure. Should have had at least two more wins. Yes, I think he has the football mind to correct those mistakes. But of course you are right we will all have to wait and see. 

3 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Interesting xCWT got a B+ with a 5-4 record. Didn't Kiffin tear it up the last two years? 

So when a coach that is more impacted by covid, that loses his star qb does worse than a good coach that gets hired away to the SEC they get ranked better than a coach that does substantially worse than a bad coach that gets fired for poor performance while using the same starting QB as the previous season? Novel.

• Crying 1

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree with you on that...he could have done better for sure. Should have had at least two more wins. Yes, I think he has the football mind to correct those mistakes. But of course you are right we will all have to wait and see. 

You just have more patience while I am perfectly impatient, here is to a better all around 2021 and something we all can agree is improvement.

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You just have more patience while I am perfectly impatient, here is to a better all around 2021 and something we all can agree is improvement.

Absolutely! 🤘

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Brent Brennan’s teams looked like hot garbage his 1st two seasons at SJSU.

Just sayin.