• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF women’s basketball set for showdown with #4 Baylor

Guest Jonesy Bull

It sucks to lose and a loss is a loss.

But its very encouraging that we went toe to toe with the #4 team in the country. 

This will be a fun team to follow.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The team played Baylor really close for most of the game last season as well before they pulled away in Waco. They were down by 4 entering the 4th quarter in that one and trailed by 6 with 3:30 left before Baylor pulled away. They played them even closer this season.  

The toughness and resolve of this team will be tested immediately as they host # 6 Mississippi State on Saturday.  They smashed our ladies by 25 last season, so it will be interesting to see how this team has improved. MSU plays a physical style of basketball that can be very frustrating and wear their opponents down. Hopefully, the ladies can show some grit and shoot well from 3-point range as well. 

For all of the success this program has had under CJF's tutelage it is still missing that marquee win against a legitimate top 10 opponent. There have been solid victories against teams ranked in the teens over the years, but I really want to see him pull off a big one. Hopefully he can find a way to do so this weekend! 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,641
  • Days Won:  424

Tuned into game in final minutes, down by 5 or 6, and saw 2 airballs on same possession (one may have been partially blocked) and immediately turned it, off hoping it was me ,,,,

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,260
  • Days Won:  1

One thing about Mississippi state this season is they have a different coach with a completely new system that only has had one game against a nobody. They play tonight against New Orleans but we would be the best team they have played this season and if we can play the #4 team in the country very close I believe we can do it again if not beat them 

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Tuned into game in final minutes, down by 5 or 6, and saw 2 airballs on same possession (one may have been partially blocked) and immediately turned it, off hoping it was me ,,,,

Its always you TripleB.  Dont you know that by now!  😊

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Just now catching up on life events that occur while I'm working from 2 AM until 6 PM everyday. Reviewed the game cast and it appears we gave them a run for their money. It could mean one of two things - we're very good this year (Jose has always had us on the cusp of being a top 20 team) or Baylor is overrated as a #4 and the top three teams are light years apart from everyone else. Hopefully Jose has the USF machine moving well already.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

58 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Just now catching up on life events that occur while I'm working from 2 AM until 6 PM everyday. Reviewed the game cast and it appears we gave them a run for their money. It could mean one of two things - we're very good this year (Jose has always had us on the cusp of being a top 20 team) or Baylor is overrated as a #4 and the top three teams are light years apart from everyone else. Hopefully Jose has the USF machine moving well already.

Like most things, probably a bit of both.  I think the announcers were saying that Baylor had a lot of young players. Our team is pretty good but will struggle against bigger teams.  I still don't remember Baylor hitting a jumper. Would love to see the shot chart for shots made by them.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

27 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Our team is pretty good but will struggle against bigger teams.  

This has been the differentiator between USF and the elite (top 10 teams) the past few years

Mununga played well, pulling 10 boards and scoring 13, but we are still missing that tall, lean player down low

Queen Egbo at 6’3” killed us in the paint and overall, Baylor dominated the offensive boards

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

This has been the differentiator between USF and the elite (top 10 teams) the past few years

Mununga played well, pulling 10 boards and scoring 13, but we are still missing that tall, lean player down low

Queen Egbo at 6’3” killed us in the paint and overall, Baylor dominated the offensive boards

Queen Egbo is 6'3" - but she is NOT lean... Just sayin'

And yes, they killed us with the 3 point plays in the paint.