• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Houston

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, hm101 said:

What's everyone doing for the game? I'm probably just going to eat fattening food and cry into the tissue box. USF football is basically like my Gilmore Girls. 

I didn't watch. Should I bother staring in the 4th quarter?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

51 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I think today was the first time in 24 years of following USF football that I actually turned off and stopped watching/listening to USF football in the first half of a game.  I have nothing left left in me that desires to watch this team, as currently constructed.  I actually turned off the USF game and sat there and watched another game, and you know what, it was an exciting game.  With teams actually moving the ball, scoring points, and looking competent.

USF got blown out today.  I don't care anymore.  After 24 years of fandom. 

Been a diehard USF fan since 2001 when I started college, but I feel exactly the same way you do. This team just is no fun at all to watch. I don’t ever expect us to be like UF or Ohio State, but we should be able to compete in the AAC. I’ve watched a lot of other teams play this year and they all seem to have better players then we do. Watched FCS games where the qb could accurately throw a pass, yet our FBS team located in Florida can’t find a single guy who can pass the ball accurately? I still love USF, but have a hard time spending my time and hard earned money on this team. 

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Been a diehard USF fan since 2001 when I started college, but I feel exactly the same way you do. This team just is no fun at all to watch. I don’t ever expect us to be like UF or Ohio State, but we should be able to compete in the AAC. I’ve watched a lot of other teams play this year and they all seem to have better players then we do. Watched FCS games where the qb could accurately throw a pass, yet our FBS team located in Florida can’t find a single guy who can pass the ball accurately? I still love USF, but have a hard time spending my time and hard earned money on this team. 

Next year is paid for so we're in for that. Afterwards? Who knows.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Next year is paid for so we're in for that. Afterwards? Who knows.

Mines paid for also, so I’ll be there like you for next season. If I don’t see improvement next year...I’ll have to walk away for a little bit. 

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Mines paid for also, so I’ll be there like you for next season. If I don’t see improvement next year...I’ll have to walk away for a little bit. 

We did that with MBB for a couple of years. Just got to be unbearable. Football is there now.  Just not enjoyable. Can't remember the last time I stayed through an entire game. Navy may not be too bad but we may not make the half vs C

Just now, CousinRicky said:

We did that with MBB for a couple of years. Just got to be unbearable. Football is there now.  Just not enjoyable. Can't remember the last time I stayed through an entire game. Navy may not be too bad but we may not make the half vs C

My wife and I are expecting our 2nd child, so I’d rather spend time with them. Could use the money I spend on tickets for a mini vacation. At least I’d get enjoyment out of that.

I had never left a game early until this season. Going into the season I knew we’d have a lot of challenges, but we are not good at anything. I hope CJS can turn things around, but I’m not overly impressed with him so far. I hate this feeling. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

55 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We suck, I am not watching another game this year  LIAR , hopefully the Rona cancels them LIAR , we are embarrassing but we have been here before so maybe next year or maybe not, kinda sad but not mad LIAR  just apathetic, Utep is awful , maybe not USF bad but still awful 

You know dayum well you will be back and will continue your incessant biotching next week.

You cannot help yourself.

Guest Jonesy Bull

So much for my prediction that this would be a close game that goes down to the wire. Boy was I wrong.  I just thought we would build off the momentum of playing pretty well against Memphis.  This team is so fragile and mostly consistently bad.

We have ALOT of work to do.  Ready for Basketball!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I had no illusions that this would be anything more than a crap year. 

It is not about trying to compete with the Gators, but there is no reason that we should not be competitive with other teams in this conference. It is not unreasonable to ask for an entertaining and competitive team. 

Strong did to football what Mcollom did to basketball. He made it boring, ran so many kids off that it became uncompetitive and no fun to watch. 

This program can be turned around. Pretty much every school in our conference has been down. Just takes the right guy to turn it around. 

Sucks that Scott has to deal with it, especially in a year like this.  He inherited a roster of FCS.  I think he has also done some things to deserve criticism. But thats growing pains. 

I never gave up watching basketball. I wont give up on Football. I may ***** and moan and criticize, but i wont stop watching. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I had no illusions that this would be anything more than a crap year. 

It is not about trying to compete with the Gators, but there is no reason that we should not be competitive with other teams in this conference. It is not unreasonable to ask for an entertaining and competitive team. 

Strong did to football what Mcollom did to basketball. He made it boring, ran so many kids off that it became uncompetitive and no fun to watch. 

This program can be turned around. Pretty much every school in our conference has been down. Just takes the right guy to turn it around. 

Sucks that Scott has to deal with it, especially in a year like this.  He inherited a roster of FCS.  I think he has also done some things to deserve criticism. But thats growing pains. 

I never gave up watching basketball. I wont give up on Football. I may ***** and moan and criticize, but i wont stop watching. 

If Basketball can turn it around so can Football.  Change of leadership and fortunes takes patience and it sucks.