• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I may have remembered incorrectly then. It’s been a long weekend. Drove home from Blue Ridge, Ga yesterday and woke up early to bring my dog to the vet today.

I also thought he got an extension. I think we are confused in that year 3-5 his salary more than doubled because the Texas subsidy was finished.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Worked out pretty well when we extended Skippy for failing

this is an entirely different situation and i know you know that

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, smazza said:

this is an entirely different situation and i know you know that

I most certainly do not and you are only hoping it thus far he has demonstrated not a single thing that would merit an extension and if he believes this year didn’t count if anything he should give us a refund for not doing the job he was hired to do 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

I just come here to read the comments and joke around. There is no unchill whatsoever.  I'm pretty sure everyone knew we were going to lose bad when we saw the starting lineup.

my comments were not directed at any specific person or in response to something anyone else said. There is a general vibe on this board that has been present for over a decade.

I suggest the following things for USF fans to come to grips with:

1) we are not a top tier school as far as athletics are concerned and never will be.

2) MONEY is the reason and we will never have enough of it to compete. We are in fact WASTING tons of money trying. 

3) Our shot at getting near the big boys ended with the Big East. We are nobodies, going nowhere, with fans who act like 2007 was some magical season. Wake up to reality and try to enjoy watching second level football and other sports. It is as much as the "Big Teams" will ever allow us to have.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

Scott has to recruit hard to bring this car out of the ditch.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

my comments were not directed at any specific person or in response to something anyone else said. There is a general vibe on this board that has been present for over a decade.

I suggest the following things for USF fans to come to grips with:

1) we are not a top tier school as far as athletics are concerned and never will be.

2) MONEY is the reason and we will never have enough of it to compete. We are in fact WASTING tons of money trying. 

3) Our shot at getting near the big boys ended with the Big East. We are nobodies, going nowhere, with fans who act like 2007 was some magical season. Wake up to reality and try to enjoy watching second level football and other sports. It is as much as the "Big Teams" will ever allow us to have.

So App State and Boise don’t have those problems?  They are always competitive. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Its time to be honest with who we are - a shooting star that never did what was necessary to build sustainable success. Its time to reorganize and move down to FCS and build the foundation that was skipped. Need to playing the long game here.

I'm not so convinced.  Let's not mothball this thing until we at least have a real offseason lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

2 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

So App State and Boise don’t have those problems?  They are always competitive. 

they don't compete with UF FSU Miami UCF The Bucs The Bolts The rRays The Magic or any of a million other things going on.

Boise State is the only thing to do in freaking Idaho

also--- tell me again what they ever won that mattered to anyone except themselves? One game here or there--- who gives a sheet?

When it comes to what USF can expect-- we need to stop trying to be the Gators and start being a disciplined institution that ultimately is about LEARNING. Realistic budgets, gradual and predictable growth, and sports teams that aren't trying to pay people MILLIONS of dollars to coach a half arsed team.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Its time to be honest with who we are - a shooting star that never did what was necessary to build sustainable success. Its time to reorganize and move down to FCS and build the foundation that was skipped. Need to playing the long game here.

**** you 

• Haha 1