• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Memphis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, MikeG said:

FFS--- tell me you expected USF to win that game and I will shut up.

you are FULL OF SHEET

Look, the players are playing better the more time they spend with this staff. The players are trying to learn how to win. The staff is still learning some areas of coaching. This was another growing pain. I think once things click we will be fine. I really felt like we clicked in the 2nd quarter and should’ve remained aggressive. The coaches need to learn it’s ok to lay the hammer down. Between temple and this game we are getting better. Look at how we started and where we are. Maybe we got our next w next week. We’re bottoming out and getting ready to turn the corner. Just strap in and let’s find out when

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I didn't and that's why I am not upset. Having said that they should have won the game. But the trajectory of the program isn't going to be decided by a win or loss in Memphis today. That's the real game that's being played.

but you chime right in with the others who have never - for whatever reason -- lowered their realistic expectations of this mostly rudderless team that used to have a decent coaching staff but fired it and was part of a decent enough conference until the Power 5 fked it up. .

3 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Look, the players are playing better the more time they spend with this staff. The players are trying to learn how to win. The staff is still learning some areas of coaching. This was another growing pain. I think once things click we will be fine. I really felt like we clicked in the 2nd quarter and should’ve remained aggressive. The coaches need to learn it’s ok to lay the hammer down. Between temple and this game we are getting better. Look at how we started and where we are. Maybe we got our next w next week. We’re bottoming out and getting ready to turn the corner. Just strap in and let’s find out when

that was not directed at you--- only at brybull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Being a USF fan is hard! Just when you think they’re gonna pull out a victory, they choke. I know they are improving, but the coaches chocked that game away. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, MikeG said:

that was not directed at you--- only at brybull

I know, but I was throwing it out there. The pivot is happening. Folks can get with it or they can get lost. This season is a long spring camp. We will come out better for it

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure why you're upset with me. I thought we'd win this game with 6 minutes to go.

I was triggered by the moral victory comment thing--- it is a UCF excuse, or used to be back when USF had a team (and a coach) we could be proud of.

I need to chill.

This season simply doesn't matter-- it is a free pass and I should treat it as such. No impact to players eligibility. Though for USF_- we need a butt-load of new guys to get better next season. Then again-- why am I worried about this crap.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

First it was temple now this..what a cluster **** of a football program

This season does echo early 2012 (before the wheels fell completely off). The critical difference of CJS from Skip is that I honestly think Skip expected this job would be easier but the truth is Leavitt worked his ass off. Skip spent a lot of time playing golf and preparing for what to say at the podium and was a lazy recruiter. If CJS goes out and recruits his butt off and throws away skip's last 4 minute game plan that was used today he'll probably be okay. As for today, he gave that game away and i hope it burns at him all off season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,390
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, MikeG said:

4 people--- on this entire board -- 4 people and many of us simply do it because we have trouble predicting against USF ---- of all predictions made were for USF. EVERYONE ELSE PICKED MEMPHIS TO WIN BY A LARGE MARGIN.

so how is anyone possibly thinking this team did TERRIBLY today losing a game late by a single point?

ridiculous much?

It is a tough loss but stop beating the team up for playing hard today. That is my take. Do whatever you want I guess. How do some of your people live with yourselves. I am disgusted by some of these comments. Honestly. Second guess the coaching that beat the spread by 16+ points as well--- yeah-- they were just the worst. UNREAL

Team played great!  Coaches blew it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

We crapped the bed - I don't think that's a matter of opinion, but clear fact. Regardless of what we thought this team was before today, what we saw for 56 minutes indicated they should win the game.

If agreeing with the majority of the board when they state a fact is chiming in, then sure I chimed in.

It seemed inevitable - and it was annoying to have these shitbag announcers who went ahead and gave the Memhpis QB player of the game honors the second they took the lead as if USF had ZERO chance of doing anything.

so frustrating to have to deal with second rate everything these days- and I do mean pretty much everything.

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

Team played great!  Coaches blew it.

I can live with that