• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Memphis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Triple B said:

They never kicked a fg from inside the red zone ....

i forgot you're into semantics. then settling for fg attempts when they get within field goal range

they didn't go for the throat when they had several opportunities to put that game away. not once did they take a chance to put it away

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

i forgot you're into semantics. then settling for fg attempts when they get within field goal range

they didn't go for the throat when they had several opportunities to put that game away. not once did they take a chance to put it away

It's not semantics. Huge difference between settling for chip shot field goals and what they did yesterday. So you are saying you have a problem with not going down field on the final fg drive then ...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's not semantics. Huge difference between settling for chip shot field goals and what they did yesterday. So you are saying you have a problem with not going down field on the final fg drive then ...

I had a problem in the second half whenever we got into FG range we got conservative with play calls. some coaches out think themselves. anytime you have the ball you should ALWAYS try to score TDs. You literally need 3 field goals to extend a lead 1 more score. in fact if you look at the math you almost always go for every 4th down over kicking FGs because it increases your chance of winning.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I had a problem in the second half whenever we got into FG range we got conservative with play calls. some coaches out think themselves. anytime you have the ball you should ALWAYS try to score TDs. You literally need 3 field goals to extend a lead 1 more score. in fact if you look at the math you almost always go for every 4th down over kicking FGs because it increases your chance of winning.

Yeah, I'm going to wait until you get a chance to go back and rewatch the game ...... and I believe this is the first game where we made a fg over 40 yards (could be wrong there), all 4 were, so our fg range was decidedly closer than where we kicked them Saturday up to that point.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Down with Coshism!  Reform the Cosh!