• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Memphis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

seems reasonable and all things considered with the pandemic etc--- I can't get too upset about anything this season. I was at point under impression they wouldn't be playing at all. Which is better--no football or losing football?  Having a team to watch is a plus even if they don't give us the W's -- and that probably comes from my undergrad days when we didn't have football at all.

This seems like complete and utter bull **** that allows failures to excuse away their awfulness. Plenty of people are allowing themselves to thrive in this new environment and only those with no plan for success in any environment are allowing it to be the reason they are holding themselves back.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, MikeG said:

seems reasonable and all things considered with the pandemic etc--- I can't get too upset about anything this season. I was at point under impression they wouldn't be playing at all. Which is better--no football or losing football?  Having a team to watch is a plus even if they don't give us the W's -- and that probably comes from my undergrad days when we didn't have football at all.

There is a lot of stuff to be serious about right now. I just don’t think that sports is one of them. It’s nice that we have it though

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

There is a lot of stuff to be serious about right now. I just don’t think that sports is one of them. It’s nice that we have it though

I think from a Usf perspective we would have probably been better off without it 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

This seems like complete and utter bull **** that allows failures to excuse away their awfulness. Plenty of people are allowing themselves to thrive in this new environment and only those with no plan for success in any environment are allowing it to be the reason they are holding themselves back.

I"m am so very full of utter bull ****--- you are correct. When I am not going to dialysis or dealing with the effects of that-- I basically sit around making excuses for everyone and feeling sorry for myself.

Sorry for wasting your precious oxygen

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

Bry is really the only troll, the rest of us love the program and simply curse them when they suck, this is what real fans do, we hug each other when we win and fight with each other when we lose, which is often.  The disappointing thing is I don’t get as disappointed as I used to, some is age but most is they give us little to get excited about.  I am glad you still have that fire, mine is waning.  The coaching game management has been poor, hopefully he improves and is not like his Dad who couldn’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I think from a Usf perspective we would have probably been better off without it 

hmmmm ... probably time for you to consider taking a break from the boards.

I can 100% say that USF football has given me some incredibly fun times over the years. Most of that was with CJL at the helm. It was fun to care about a team so much.

Just now, MikeG said:

hmmmm ... probably time for you to consider taking a break from the boards.

I can 100% say that USF football has given me some incredibly fun times over the years. Most of that was with CJL at the helm. It was fun to care about a team so much.

It has me as well, last couple years not so much, was is the key word

drops mike

MikeG OUT!@

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

I"m am so very full of utter bull ****--- you are correct. When I am not going to dialysis or dealing with the effects of that-- I basically sit around making excuses for everyone and feeling sorry for myself.

Sorry for wasting your precious oxygen

Bro don’t let some folks get you down. You are a invaluable member of this community and I’m that you are just as invaluable off the board as well. The team and most of our sports programs under performing has had a terrible impact on some folks. I think they need to find hobbies or outlets for all of those pent up emotions. Puc probably needs therapy, but I’m sure it would be worse for his therapist

19 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Nah, we dropped a dud and picked up a coaching infant. He needs time to mature and grow. I think we’ve seen player development. Now he needs to learn how to manage games. We need depth, so hopefully he can get us a good recruiting class this season. It will all take a little time

This is probably the most astute post in this thread, I am biased and normally reserve that award for me but this makes sense.