• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Memphis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Team played great!  Coaches blew it.

Spoiler alert the players have been capable of winning most of the games this season 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

maybe the only good thing about this game is that the anger is helping raise my blood pressure-- which is always super low these days (like 80/65 and lower - if you know what I am saying).

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I’m thinking we can win 2 of our last 3 games. I would like to take all 3 though

• ???? 1

Just now, puc86 said:

Spoiler alert the players have been capable of winning most of the games this season 

do you think that is accurate?

How have I been missing this other than the poor results?

Did we drop a CCS dud and pick up a fresh CJS dud replacement?

Just now, puc86 said:

Well without spring and much time to prepare in the fall it’s been tough. It looks like they’re taking the direction and getting better, but we are still building. Coaches learn every game and the players are getting better too. It just needs to coalesce and produce wins

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

I’m thinking we can win 2 of our last 3 games. I would like to take all 3 though

any FBS win would be a bonus for this season. I cannot see us beating UCF (I would love to though- lol)

dayum-- wish could have hung on this one.

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

Well without spring and much time to prepare in the fall it’s been tough. It looks like they’re taking the direction and getting better, but we are still building. Coaches learn every game and the players are getting better too. It just needs to coalesce and produce wins

agree--- you have to give a coaching staff the chance to turn stuff around. Over reacting and knee jerk firing - short of absolutely obvious incompetence-- is no way to build.

we'll see -- just glad to give a care about USF football at all these days, and a tough loss like this does help that

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, MikeG said:

Clearly our lineup that day puts us in better position to win than the one we have been running. I am wrong about Ford and although he looks good when he plays we are better without him. Also I hate that people always love the back up Qb over the starter but today seems pretty emphatic. The coaches pick the players, the coaches pick the plays and the coaches pick the game plan. This team should have won today and the coaches control every single variable that led to it not happening today as well as every single other FBs game this season.

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Nah, we dropped a dud and picked up a coaching infant. He needs time to mature and grow. I think we’ve seen player development. Now he needs to learn how to manage games. We need depth, so hopefully he can get us a good recruiting class this season. It will all take a little time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Nah, we dropped a dud and picked up a coaching infant. He needs time to mature and grow. I think we’ve seen player development. Now he needs to learn how to manage games. We need depth, so hopefully he can get us a good recruiting class this season. It will all take a little time

seems reasonable and all things considered with the pandemic etc--- I can't get too upset about anything this season. I was at point under impression they wouldn't be playing at all. Which is better--no football or losing football?  Having a team to watch is a plus even if they don't give us the W's -- and that probably comes from my undergrad days when we didn't have football at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1