• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

CWT's first year should be proof enough.

CWT came in and wanted to run a Harbaugh offense that’s the reason he failed and did worse, when he picked a proper path it didn’t take much time at all to improve.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

CWT came in and wanted to run a Harbaugh offense that’s the reason he failed and did worse, when he picked a proper path it didn’t take much time at all to improve.

I guess you are proving my point - its an adjustment period for everyone, the players and coaches. 

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it's the players that win in college football. not the x's and o's.

nobody was going to come in here and turn things around right away with the roster we have.

The problem isn’t that he hasn’t won every game the problem is that he has turned things around immediately and it’s the wrong direction. These players have demonstrated that they can win more games than they are currently and that they are winning less is absolutely on the coaches.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The problem isn’t that he hasn’t won every game the problem is that he has turned things around immediately and it’s the wrong direction. These players have demonstrated that they can win more games than they are currently and that they are winning less is absolutely on the coaches.

We were trending down this years team is worse than last years. 

We have two former FCS players starting it's that bad.

We are in rough shape..we will likely be a 3 or 4 win team next year.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Not a single coach comes into a situation where they recruited the players they will be coaching and this team has far more talent than it has displayed (as demonstrated by our performance game over game last season). The last coaching staff won a term worthy 4 games last season (they could have won at least 6 if they could get out of their own way) and yet this coaching staff has a run rate towards winning a single FCS game. If your system requires years instead of months to implement and can only be ran successfully by the smallest sub segment of players then it is a bad system and won which is a fulls errand   as Weis will not be here after next season and be able to even see it to fruition before it’s time for the next coach to come in and require “his guys”. I know it’s not apples to apples but when I come up with something to make things better than what I have identified as a problem part of how I determine if I’m going the right direction is how quickly I’m able to get the average person to do better than the old way following the new process. If your system is too dependent on people and requires too much time to train the problem lies more in the system and the training than it does in the people.

Listen most systems are pretty standard in football. No one was going to come in and discover the forward pass.

Could the play calling be better? sure but the fact is that ,similar to when Taggart came in, we have walk-ons starting on offense. When Taggart started to win we had NFL players starting on offense. Heck we had a 4 star NFL running back as our NFL running back's backup

Scott was not going to come in and transform this team within 3 games no matter what offense he runs and I hope his long term goal isn't to simply be better than Strong's last year in his first year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You think CWT could have run the gulf coast offense from year 1? No whatever system we ran would have sucked we were trending down with team talent.

Typically takes year 3 to see a marked improvement if you made a good hire.  

Just now, Bull94 said:

Listen most systems are pretty standard in football. No one was going to come in and discover the forward pass.

Could the play calling be better? sure but the fact is that ,similar to when Taggart came in, we have walk-ons starting on offense. When Taggart started to win we had NFL players starting on offense. Heck we had a 4 star NFL running back as our NFL running back's backup

Scott was not going to come in and transform this team within 3 games no matter what offense he runs and I hope his long term goal isn't to simply be better than Strong's last year in his first year.

Cwt came in and did the impossible, made CSH’s team look worse not because of the talent level but because he thought he was going to come in and run a Harbaugh offense. Things turned around for him the moment he realized his path would not be successful here and he had to pivot. The path this coaching staff has picked is the wrong one and we are on our way to failure because of the decisions they are making, they need to pivot towards a working plan and then continue to build on that which of course involves continuing to improve players but that should not be the only thing that drives improvement.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Was Q a Harbaugh offense type qb? Because if he wasn't, it took Willie over 2 years to get that improvement after he picked a proper path ...

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

You think CWT could have run the gulf coast offense from year 1? No whatever system we ran would have sucked we were trending down with team talent.

Typically takes year 3 to see a marked improvement if you made a good hire.  

I don’t think we would have won 10 games but I do think we would have won more than 2 and could have beaten McNeese. No one has expectations that this staff should be competing for a conference championship this season but it’s completely reasonable to expect to see an area of improvement or the bones of a working plan. Coaches come in and show improvement year 1 all of the time, even more by year two and the majority of coaches that need a full three years to put a serviceable team together never get to see their 5 year plans come to fruition.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Cwt came in and did the impossible, made CSH’s team look worse not because of the talent level but because he thought he was going to come in and run a Harbaugh offense. Things turned around for him the moment he realized his path would not be successful here and he had to pivot. The path this coaching staff has picked is the wrong one and we are on our way to failure because of the decisions they are making, they need to pivot towards a working plan and then continue to build on that which of course involves continuing to improve players but that should not be the only thing that drives improvement.

so you think Matt Floyd could have run the gulf coast offense successfully? lol