• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We definitely made the wrong decision!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

You can thanks our prior HC for that. None of this is on CJS. Now if he was mismanaging the clock, making poor personnel decisions, poor play calling, had players running around committing crimes then those are fine to hold him accountable for. It's way too early in his tenure and in his coaching career to start that non-sense.

Don't make me out to be the reasonable one.

Scott Frost could have blamed his  predecessor...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I want to also live in a world where I get to use new speak where failure is winning, losses are wins and the only good coach we have ever had is the actual failure. I mean sure we had 5 turnovers and we can only turn a 70yd kick return and 4 turnovers into 7 pts but at least we won where it matters in the penalties, am I right??

Just now, brybull1970 said:

You're right, he could have. And as best I have heard CJS could as well, but hasn't.

If he keeps up his current level of “success” he better start blaming someone by the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

You're right, he could have. And as best I have heard CJS could as well, but hasn't.

Correct, but you're basically giving him a pass because of the prior coaching staff. Rule number 76: No excuses, play like A champion.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I am totally giving him a pass this season. In any rebuild you have to get the place first before you can start construction. He can go 1-9 this season and I won't be concerned unless we see issues with players off the field, poor clock management, suspect play calling etc.

This. Some on this board have no idea the lack of talent on this team. No coach could win more than 3/4 games max with this bunch. This is year 0 or even -1. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, tbulls said:

Seems hard to compare game 3 with a new offense, all new staff, and no Spring practice, vs game 10 last year with all of the available practices.

For realzzzzzzzz

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

I am totally giving him a pass this season. In any rebuild you have to get the place first before you can start construction. He can go 1-9 this season and I won't be concerned unless we see issues with players off the field, poor clock management, suspect play calling etc.

Again, Scott Frost and UCF. Unfortunately, they are the measuring stick. Taking a winless team to a bowl team... Why should USF accept anything less?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. Some on this board have no idea the lack of talent on this team. No coach could win more than 3/4 games max with this bunch. This is year 0 or even -1. 

This program needs so much talent and size.

If Scott manages to just win 3 games we got a great coach.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The offense doesn't have the talent, size or depth to compete at the FBS level this season. Let's hope he and the staff are pounding the recruiting trail this fall so we can see better results in Year 2.

There is nothing we have seen that can even be pretended to be a building block of success, this tenure is an utter failure by any measurable and the sooner CJS can own that and make a change for improvement the better served we all will be. He had been the coach for the better part of a year, he has had a recruiting class and all he has to show for it is making CCS look like a bad fire. Better coaches shockingly enough are supposed to do better than the people that got fired, to date CJS has had a few better interviews and that’s just not good enough. The fastest road to our success is via CJS and the only way towards being successful is owning that the entire reason you are a complete and utter failure is because of you and the mistakes you are making. Sure he shouldn’t have been expected to beat Cincinnati and ND this season but he absolutely should be expected to do better at something in any capacity better than the guy he replaced and penalties? That ain’t it chief.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

Expectation level was set so long ago.  May not be achieved in our lifetimes.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

For realzzzzzzzz

Ask UCF