• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

KJ writes statement on behalf of the AAC players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

If there's a cluster of cases in one locker room, it's a pretty simple argument to make that it was passed around the team during football activities.

Edit: Ditto Bull Nut.

Edited by OnTheBus
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,355
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

good luck demonstrating you picked up your case of COVID-19 from football practice and not your trip to Publix to pick up a chicken tender sub. 

Or in the case of FSU, going to Publix to steal some crab legs . . . . . . . . allegedly :roflmao:

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, bowman1 said:

Or in the case of FSU, going to Publix to steal some crab legs . . . . . . . . allegedly :roflmao:

Well played sir...well played 😂😂

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,039
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Which will not prevent the plaintiff from making a case and creating doubt. There is no way a university could provide a 100% save environment.

Fear of lawsuits is why I finally sold my condo and got out of an HOA this month.  Everything is perpetually closed just from the fear of lawsuit costs.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A specific COVID-19 waiver that the athletes would have to sign seems extra nefarious to me. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

43 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

A specific COVID-19 waiver that the athletes would have to sign seems extra nefarious to me. 

To sign an acknowledgment that there is a risk of contracting a virus and they cannot sue the University should this happen is nefarious?  If the athlete is concerned about catching the virus then they can sit out without penalty?  It seems reckless for the school to proceed without this agreement.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

If there are multiple positive cases/outbreak within the team, couldn't one conclude that at least one or more of the positive cases were contracted during a university athletics event, practice, game, etc.?

I am an accountant and not a lawyer but I would think they defense would attempt to prove a number of other places that they could have obtained it. Also those places would likely not have the same stringent measures put in place to prevent transmission. 

In the long run this virus is not going anywhere. What is the precident we are setting here? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

23 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

I am an accountant and not a lawyer but I would think they defense would attempt to prove a number of other places that they could have obtained it. Also those places would likely not have the same stringent measures put in place to prevent transmission. 

In the long run this virus is not going anywhere. What is the precident we are setting here? 

I'm not an attorney either, however if a student athlete dies from covid there will most certainly be a lawsuit filled against the university. People have sued for spilling hot coffee in their laps and made millions. If it's the right attorney, then anything is possible.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

So the question is, are universities willing to take the risk of potentially having a covid related student athlete death this fall? We are starting to see some universities are and some are not...