• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls-Not even a Darkhorse...

Guest Jonesy Bull

I don't think we are in as bad as shape as people make us out to be.  Yes, this year was going to be a rebuild, but this Coaching staff is going to make a huge difference for this program in recruiting, player development, and attitude.  

We have talent, have people forgotten the excitement of the Jeff Scott hire?  I know this whole year has been a weird blur of weird and unusual events.  But lets have some faith that we are finally on the right track.  This Covid thing has unfortunately pushed back the timeline, but I'm still stoked about our future with this new regime.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

UCF 2016...if those ass clowns can go from 0-12 to 6-7 after a coaching change I expect the same for us...that's going to a bowl game...these are my minimum expectations for this year (if there's football).

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, Cornada said:

UCF 2016...if those ass clowns can go from 0-12 to 6-7 after a coaching change I expect the same for us...that's going to a bowl game...these are my minimum expectations for this year (if there's football).

I tend to agree....but if there is football then a 10 game schedule is more likely.  I'll say 5-5 with 6-4 as a stretch goal.  Does that get you a Bowl game?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I tend to agree....but if there is football then a 10 game schedule is more likely.  I'll say 5-5 with 6-4 as a stretch goal.  Does that get you a Bowl game?

I would say 5/5 BUT if they actually keep the same number of bowls it will probably be 4/6. Good thing we have a decent grad rate as that is  the measure that will decide it. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's only been 2 years ....... sorry to interrupt, though. Back to y'alls:

a year and a half ... we were 7-0 at one point in '18

Guest Jonesy Bull
25 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

a year and a half ... we were 7-0 at one point in '18

Yes, which proved to be all "smoke and mirrors".

Thats why I"m excited about our future, time will tell and nothing is certain, but we finally have the right leadership in place now from top to bottom imo....Hope Kelly remains as VPA and doesn't head to the ACC.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Exactly I don’t understand why people like to get worked up about the losses before they even happen, when is the time you actually get any enjoyment out of this?

😂😂😂 They want to be as miserable as possible until we start winning. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

😂😂😂 They want to be as miserable as possible until we start winning. 

There is plenty of time for that being a Bulls fan so I don’t see a reason to invent it . Like when CCS started 7-0 people were literally mad that everyone wasn’t mad at being at 7-0 because we didn’t deserve it. I honestly don’t understand why someone can’t just enjoy the hope of a new season or the early wins because there is plenty of time to be angry later and what do you gain from embracing failure before it even arrives?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

There is plenty of time for that being a Bulls fan so I don’t see a reason to invent it . Like when CCS started 7-0 people were literally mad that everyone wasn’t mad at being at 7-0 because we didn’t deserve it. I honestly don’t understand why someone can’t just enjoy the hope of a new season or the early wins because there is plenty of time to be angry later and what do you gain from embracing failure before it even arrives?

Some people feel it's better to keep their standards low and not get caught by surprise, than have high expectations and be disappointed.  I agree with your sentiment. 

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

21 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Our last 3 years of dwelling in the cellar has really taken a toll. Not even 1 mention of USF in this Rivals article, Nothing. Not even a small blip from the writer that covers USF.  I do believe that CJS and Staff will create a winner and maybe sooner rather than later. ( tough to tell in a year like this..If there is a year)  I like the portal action filling the needs for "Now" and building on the 2021 class.

https://usf.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-aac-roundtable-dark-horse-of-the-conference-https://usf.rivals.com/news/rivals-com-aac-roundtable-dark-horse-of-the-conference-https://

thank you coach strong