• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls-Not even a Darkhorse...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Respect is greater than a coach. We’ve had our chances and always blow the important game. 

That's for sure. Can't seem to finish it doesn't matter who was coaching which is strange?

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

But it's not really a complete cause and effect situation, though ...

USF football has been a roller coaster ride.

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We’ve been fighting for respect each and every year. 

Remember when the sports commentators for espn and cbs would cover our games and pump up our brand? Last season their comments were pretty negative re: our losing ways. Who was it in the one game that actually seemed to get pissed and wondered out loud, what the hell was going on with CS? Might have been Dilfer?? That said it all right there that night. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Remember when the sports commentators for espn and cbs would cover our games and pump up our brand? Last season their comments were pretty negative re: our losing ways. Who was it in the one game that actually seemed to get pissed and wondered out loud, what the hell was going on with CS? Might have been Dilfer?? That said it all right there that night. 

Agreed. I think my point is that respect has to be earned. Other than one year (and beating a few big names) we have not won consistently enough to have national respect. Further, we have no conference championships which at this point is an issue. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I find it depressing to constantly reminisce about the past, we are where we are because of things within and out of our control.  I doubt we ever get back to a P5 and #2 ranking and to continue to make that the bar only ensures we stay miserable.  I agree with NEB, let’s go win a conference championship, go to a BCS and savor in the moment when or if it happens. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

55 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

USF football has been a roller coaster ride.

I think we're more like a flume ride. Up and up to a nice height (couple of weeks in 2007) and then a plunge. Hopefully we've now exited the floating log and have moved to new ride ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think we're more like a flume ride. Up and up to a nice height (couple of weeks in 2007) and then a plunge. Hopefully we've now exited the floating log and have moved to new ride ....

To continue the metaphor...it sounds like we are stuck in the toilet now...

45 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I find it depressing to constantly reminisce about the past, we are where we are because of things within and out of our control.  I doubt we ever get back to a P5 and #2 ranking and to continue to make that the bar only ensures we stay miserable.  I agree with NEB, let’s go win a conference championship, go to a BCS and savor in the moment when or if it happens. 

Don't be depressed..Come to the light. We have to go on about the past because weve pretty much worn out all the jabber about CJS and the future what if's. People were getting beat up for being positive about our prospects because...we didnt have a Spring preview, we haven't played as yet or practiced and we have the **** plague unknowns. Personally, I have been impressed with the dialogue and the posts on this topic thus far...good conversation, easy going, pretty much upbeat. 

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Now that's a visual

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

44 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To continue the metaphor...it sounds like we are stuck in the toilet now...

We're using theme park ride metaphors here ..... get with the program.

• Haha 2