• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Teams available to replace BSU and possibly Texas

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

BEAT THE BRUINS PLEASE!!!!

Don't be pessimistic, anything can happen in the playoffs.....besides, I'd rather lose to your Rangers than those ugly nasty Bruins.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Don't be pessimistic, anything can happen in the playoffs.....besides, I'd rather lose to your Rangers than those ugly nasty Bruins.

I feel same way. If it’s Bruins vs Bolts I am all for Tampa...a very classy franchise compared to the Bs. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I feel same way. If it’s Bruins vs Bolts I am all for Tampa...a very classy franchise compared to the Bs. 

Thank You.....And if the Rangers beat the Bruins and Bolts, I will be for NY all the way....but that is all a tall order, huh.

Don't think it will happen for your team this year, but like you, I think the Rangers are on the right track and will get there in the next couple years.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  0

Bruins,nasty?  This isn't the Don Cherry 's team of the past.  Now they were nasty.  Kick arse then take names.  Except for ownership,  player as classy (except Marchand).  They do a lot of charity events.  Unfortunately, the window is closing on them also.  It may be now or never with this make up of the team.   

Wouldn't worry about Red Sox,  starting pitching is horrendous.  Wins will be from the bats (less Betts).  Thank goodness it only 60 games this year.  

Will say tho Rangers are trending up.  Lindquist might be a expensive back up.  Don't the blueshirts have 2 good young goalies?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, Rich Mahoney said:

Bruins,nasty?  This isn't the Don Cherry 's team of the past.  Now they were nasty.  Kick arse then take names.  Except for ownership,  player as classy (except Marchand).  They do a lot of charity events.  Unfortunately, the window is closing on them also.  It may be now or never with this make up of the team.   

Wouldn't worry about Red Sox,  starting pitching is horrendous.  Wins will be from the bats (less Betts).  Thank goodness it only 60 games this year.  

Will say tho Rangers are trending up.  Lindquist might be a expensive back up.  Don't the blueshirts have 2 good young goalies?

I bet they are face licking good.

9 hours ago, Rich Mahoney said:

Bruins ownership is pretty ******. They never gave money to any of their concession employees during COVID and simply furloughed all of them. Almost every other team gave these employees money or kept them on payroll for at least a month. Yeah I can’t wait until Marchand gets his one day. I hate that little ****. In terms of Rangers Lindquist is done...it is now the age of Igor...he is a stud. Finally, Red Sox won’t be down for long. Their DNA is to be competitive (unlike the Rays who have to trade away players) and they will be back soon. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Last year the thing that hurt the lightning coming playoff time was the fact they faced no adversity the entire year. I don't recall them long more than 3 games in a row at any point last year. This year they did face adversity and was able to overcome it. The biggest issue I can see with the lightning this year is injuries especially with stamkos. As far as paths go the 2 teams the lightning would really need to be concerned about is the bruins and capitals with the capitals being the biggest threat. The best thing that could happen to the lightning is if boston and washington meet before they play the lighting as this knocks out one of them only leaving the other remaining coming off a brutal series.   

17 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Last year the thing that hurt the lightning coming playoff time was the fact they faced no adversity the entire year. I don't recall them long more than 3 games in a row at any point last year. This year they did face adversity and was able to overcome it. The biggest issue I can see with the lightning this year is injuries especially with stamkos. As far as paths go the 2 teams the lightning would really need to be concerned about is the bruins and capitals with the capitals being the biggest threat. The best thing that could happen to the lightning is if boston and washington meet before they play the lighting as this knocks out one of them only leaving the other remaining coming off a brutal series.   

The East is a tough division in the NHL

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Don't need a Texas replacement right now. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 7/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

Bruins ownership is pretty ******. They never gave money to any of their concession employees during COVID and simply furloughed all of them. Almost every other team gave these employees money or kept them on payroll for at least a month. Yeah I can’t wait until Marchand gets his one day. I hate that little ****. In terms of Rangers Lindquist is done...it is now the age of Igor...he is a stud. Finally, Red Sox won’t be down for long. Their DNA is to be competitive (unlike the Rays who have to trade away players) and they will be back soon. 

I'm just glad that Baseball and Hockey are back, and its looking a little better for us getting Football - at least on the Pro side, fingers crossed for College Football.

The Red Sox and Yanks will never be down for long.  They both have good ownership, management and lots and lots of money.....it really is amazing that the Rays are able to complete per your statement which is so true.  They have to hit on their farm system and player development, and smart trades which they are pretty darn good at.