• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Teams available to replace BSU and possibly Texas

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

Since we might have 2 canceled games this year I took a more realistic look at replacements based on other canceled games that same week. Its pretty slim pickings in terms of excitement, but decent teams. Plus since they have cancellations the same week as us, it would be the easiest to schedule the teams below.  At this point, I dont care who we play, I just want a full season. If i missed any teams or any new teams pop up feel free to add to the list.

Replacements for Texas -

BYU
Ball State
Utah State
Western Michigan
NIU
Hawaii
Alabama *
Kent State 
App State
Bowling Green

Replacement for Bethune - 

Liberty
Hawaii
NIU
Western Kentucky ( a good revenge game)
Colorado State
Central Michigan
Fresno State
BYU
Arkanas State
Old Dominion

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:
Since we might have 2 canceled games this year I took a more realistic look at replacements based on other canceled games that same week. Its pretty slim pickings in terms of excitement, but decent teams. Plus since they have cancellations the same week as us, it would be the easiest to schedule the teams below.  At this point, I dont care who we play, I just want a full season. If i missed any teams or any new teams pop up feel free to add to the list.

Replacements for Texas -

BYU
Ball State
Utah State
Western Michigan
NIU
Hawaii
Alabama *
Kent State 
App State
Bowling Green

Replacement for Bethune - 

Liberty
Hawaii
NIU
Western Kentucky ( a good revenge game)
Colorado State
Central Michigan
Fresno State
BYU
Arkanas State
Old Dominion

Looks BYU will be playing Bama in week 1

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Looks BYU will be playing Bama in week 1

Im starting to believe you work for ESPN. I swear you always post or have the latest updates lol That also means that the SEC is available. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

20 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im starting to believe you work for ESPN. I swear you always post or have the latest updates lol That also means that the SEC is available. 

The only way it does not happens is if the SEC decides to play only in-conference games. Which you have to believe is 50/50 right now. If that happens then BYU could be a possibility for us in week 1 but if that happens I predict BYU will play Utah State to control costs if they travel or be more attractive to another school. Thus, BYU (For week 1) and Bama are long shots. I think the best bet on that list is App State and Arky State if we lose first two games. Who would you bet on for the first two games GatorBull? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The only way it does not happens is if the SEC decides to play only in-conference games. Which you have to believe is 50/50 right now. If that happens then BYU could be a possibility for us in week 1 but if that happens I predict BYU will play Utah State to control costs if they travel or be more attractive to another school. Thus, BYU (For week 1) and Bama are long shots. I think the best bet on that list is App State and Arky State if we lose first two games. Who would you bet on for the first two games GatorBull? 

App State -  Wk 1 (kind of a high risk/low reward game)

Western Kentucky/Arky State - Wk 2

If Alabama ends up playing BYU then that means the SEC is fair game for replacements too. If the ACC, Big Ten and Big 12 goes conference only then that frees up -

Wk 1 -

Ole Miss, Georgia

W2 -

Miss State, Auburn and LSU

Edited by Gatorbull325

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

App State -  Wk 1

If Alabama ends up playing BYU then that means the SEC is fair game for replacements too. If the ACC, Big Ten and Big 12 goes conference only then that frees up -

Wk 1 -

Ole Miss, Georgia

W2 -

Forgot about WKU, that’s a good pick. I still think the SEC, like most if we actually play, will go Conference schedule only so they will be off the table. Personally I am satisfied with 9 or 10 in conference games.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

App State -  Wk 1 (kind of a high risk/low reward game)

Wk 1 -

Ole Miss, Georgia

W2 -

I imagine that geographic proximity will be a consideration. Cross country games ?? AppSt? yes they could beat us. But, if the season plays out for conference games App has a high % chance of winning theirs. If we win? then it can be looked at as a good/quality win. Ole Ms would be an interesting match up this season. Auburn? yes. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

These are all fun "what if" scenarios and I'm sorry to be the Debbie Downer.  But there is not going to be any College Football in Florida period, unless something dramatic happens in the next month - but not as long as Florida is the Covid capital of the USA.  

We all know this, but want to pretend its not a real.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Well, until it is declared "no season" can we discuss without the Debbie Downer stuff?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can’t see an SEC scenario but we would be all over those Sun Belt teams if they don’t go all conference games.