• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football Recruiting

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

Read this http//cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html and note there have been zero Influenza deaths reported this year. Everything and I mean everything is being listed as Covid19 related. Please remove your blinders and yes this will all fade away after November.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but it sure looks like it's got flu deaths listed, with pneumonia being a bigger *****, though ....

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Not when it comes to being in the Corona capitol of the nation. Really hadn't thought about that as a recruiting factor but definitely could come into play ....... discreetly or indiscreetly depending on the competing recruiters.

That is an excellent point. I am so far away from all that it had not occurred to me. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That is an excellent point. I am so far away from all that it had not occurred to me. 

The point was moronic, this thing is all over the place and I can’t imagine it being a factor.  If a kid is making decisions based on this then he probably wouldn’t be able to qualify anyways.  I would rather have the place as a hotspot now and burn out prior to me getting there than later becoming a hotspot when I am there anyways.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The point was moronic, this thing is all over the place and I can’t imagine it being a factor.  If a kid is making decisions based on this then he probably wouldn’t be able to qualify anyways.  I would rather have the place as a hotspot now and burn out prior to me getting there than later becoming a hotspot when I am there anyways.

Moronic?? I, and probably GDad as well, am deeply offended ....... okay, not saying it would be a major factor but it's not always just the kids making the decisions, Mom's got a voice in there. Recruiting can be a dirty game at times and Shirley you're not naive enough to think there are some out there who wouldn't stoop that low.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Moronic?? I, and probably GDad as well, am deeply offended ....... okay, not saying it would be a major factor but it's not always just the kids making the decisions, Mom's got a voice in there. Recruiting can be a dirty game at times and Shirley you're not naive enough to think there are some out there who wouldn't stoop that low.

Don’t call me surely 😀 I know Mama plays a roll but this still  seems completely irrelevant at this stage of the game.  Yes I called both of you old bastards moronic, your takes were garbage.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Don’t know about moronic, but I suspect the parents are doing a bit more helicoptering this year. I know instate enrollments are up in NE. I don’t think that will hold, but we live in a society where the parents are overwhelmingly protective. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

I am edified, as elevating myself to Moronic has been an aspirational goal of mine!

Anyways, it was (slightly) hyperbolic but I judged that, as part of a list, it was close enough.  Little did I suspect...😖

Edited by Grateful Dad
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Please keep the posts on topic and not of a personal nature ...... 😀

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I'd imagine Covid is just one more thing for a family to consider when making the decision on where their child will attend college.   There is probably a wide range of importance just like many other factors that are considered.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

21 hours ago, Azmodi said:

http//cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html and note there have been zero Influenza deaths reported this year.

You are 100% correct. The 2018-2019 report did not report any 2020 deaths.

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates. 24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Edited by BDYZR
  • Upvote 1