• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t know about moronic, but I suspect the parents are doing a bit more helicoptering this year. I know instate enrollments are up in NE. I don’t think that will hold, but we live in a society where the parents are overwhelmingly protective. 

If that is true than most will stay home which should help not hurt our recruiting. 

16 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

I am edified, as elevating myself to Moronic has been an aspirational goal of mine!

Anyways, it was (slightly) hyperbolic but I judged that, as part of a list, it was close enough.  Little did I suspect...😖

I was not calling you a moron, only what you said.  You still have a couple marbles rolling around in your head allowing you to make a coherent point from time to time, I hope this heartfelt apology makes you feel better G-dad 😀, have a good day sir.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

If that is true than most will stay home which should help not hurt our recruiting. 

Maybe, maybe not. The big 3 don’t always get their man and lately we have been losing out to other G5 schools in the state. Thus, we may be better than other years but worse relative to other schools. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Maybe, maybe not. The big 3 don’t always get their man and lately we have been losing out to other G5 schools in the state. Thus, we may be better than other years but worse relative to other schools. 

I was thinking, hoping all the Florida players going out of state staying home, filling the big 3 scholarships and us taking some of the  talented overflow. I would agree, it might be beneficial and it might not.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I was not calling you a moron, only what you said.  You still have a couple marbles rolling around in your head allowing you to make a coherent point from time to time, I hope this heartfelt apology makes you feel better G-dad 😀, have a good day sir.

Come back here!  That didn't hurt!

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fentries%2Ficons%2Fmobile%2F000%2F012%2F877%2F3qafhk.jpg&sp=1594564859T3636f467b4699d92248f3f094ddf4eed37852c6c41c615c6c86ee71eb977d173

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

You are 100% correct. The 2018-2019 report did not report any 2020 deaths.

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates. 24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

And how many have been reported that aren't associated with Covid19? I'm done here.

Florida reports over 15,000 COVID-19 cases in single-day record

Florida reported a record increase of more than 15,000 new cases of COVID-19 in a single day on Sunday as the growing outbreak forces state authorities to close some businesses and beaches.

If Florida were a country, it would rank fourth in the world for the most new cases a day behind the United States, Brazil and India.
Its daily increases have already surpassed the highest daily tally reported by any European country during the height of the pandemic there. Florida has also broken New York State's record of 12,847 new cases on April 10 when it was the epicenter of the U.S. outbreak.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-florida-idUSKCN24D0I5?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner

Yes, I now see the chasm of difference between what I wrote and the real facts above. 🥱

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Since we're here, cases are great, but not definitive, since people can be walking around with Covid, yet never tested.

How many tests have been done in Florida compared to Brazil, India?

I just looked at Brazil.. Brazil is about 2-3 times the level of cases daily than that of Florida, so it's headline grabbing, but they're not even close.  Brazil's testing data is not available.  India is a big tester.

There is data out there that can help form a more full opinion on Florida.  We need less headlines and more real data.  They talk more about Trump than Covid in that article.

You test, you will find:  

covid-19-daily-tests-vs-daily-new-confir
OURWORLDINDATA.ORG

The figures are shown as a rolling 7-day average.

Gotta run, but here is a quick look at Florida

jhu_covid_19_generic.png
CORONAVIRUS.JHU.EDU

See daily changes in tests performed and positivity rates

With that said, sounds promising around remdesivir and hydroxychloroquine.  Perhaps some better treatments available before yesr's end.

Recruits, the best place to be is in a small rural town, but they don't have P5/G5 football.  Good luck.

Ok, this should just end.  It was ludicrous to begin.  It started out as a list of challenges to recruiting and devolved into a Mad Cow topic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

Yes, I now see the chasm of difference between what I wrote and the real facts above. 🥱

The argument was the effect on a recruits decision to avoid Tampa in a year due to the current COVID outbreak.  I said non issue and you thought it would have a significant impact, that is the chasm of difference.