• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF athletics bracing for budget cut as pandemic lingers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

As has been opined before on here, we are so far ahead of the curve on being set up for this it's not even funny ....

While most would agree, a 15% cut on a lean budget is going to hurt a bit, at least one or two programs is going to be axed.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm thinking bake sale

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,847
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I'm thinking bake sale

I like it, I got some brownies that will put you on your A$$.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

As has been opined before on here, we are so far ahead of the curve on being set up for this it's not even funny ....

Ok - Ray Jay holds 65k and our average in-seat attendance is somewhere in the high teens/low 20s

Personally, I would rather see some sort of rotation or lottery for fans as opposed to trying to spread them out through the whole stadium

Opening additional sections means extra cost for cleaning and staffing - plus, like most season ticket holders, I selected my seats based on where I wanted to sit and at what price point (my choice was based on afternoon shade).  As such, I would not want to be moved to the upper deck for instance 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I like it, I got some brownies that will put you on your A$$.

Don't threaten me with a good time...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Turn the screens and speaker system around - BOOM! - Like a drive in church service...:GoBulls:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

TV contracts in place, PPV is not an option and not sure how lucrative anyways, is that Irish coffee you guys are drinking? 😀

Well the hell with that idea then....Thanks a lot Dream Killer. 💡🪓       Hey Honey...could you please bring me another shot of Jameson for my coffee, I need to think up some more ideas for TBP  🤔 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, BulledOver said:

Well the hell with that idea then....Thanks a lot Dream Killer. 💡🪓       Hey Honey...could you please bring me another shot of Jameson for my coffee, I need to think up some more ideas for TBP  🤔 

Ok your probably not going to go for this right off the bat but......USF sells advertising on the players uniforms??? Kinda like Nascar. Advertiser patches all over their jerseys...$100 a patch per game....Player could prob get 10-12 patches on his jersey and you could still see his number and logo's, etc..Now before you boohoo it sleep on it.??? Might get traction. 

Actually, I read that article and got the impulse to go in and pay my 2020 Bull's Club dues. I'll shoot them a little more later. Kinda like pissing on a forest fire but hey! It's $$$  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

21 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Ok your probably not going to go for this right off the bat but......USF sells advertising on the players uniforms??? Kinda like Nascar. Advertiser patches all over their jerseys...$100 a patch per game....Player could prob get 10-12 patches on his jersey and you could still see his number and logo's, etc..Now before you boohoo it sleep on it.??? Might get traction. 

Actually, I read that article and got the impulse to go in and pay my 2020 Bull's Club dues. I'll shoot them a little more later. Kinda like pissing on a forest fire but hey! It's $$$  

I like the way you think.  June 30th is coming fast so time to pay the balance on mine.  As I've stated previously (somewhere) Athletics isn't pushing for those payments as they wanted people to donate to that fund set up a couple of months ago to help students in need.  We made a small contribution to that but will hold up our deal for being Iron Bulls again this year whether we get to attend games or not.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I see my ticket payments deducted from my bank account every month,  so they have my small contribution