• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blake Barnett Beast

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Isn't he out of Eligibility? 

Off topic, Cronk signed anywhere yet? 

Cronk wasn’t drafted because of misinformation put out by USF on his medical history so teams want to see him in person. If he would’ve had a pro day he would’ve been a day 3 pick.

These are words straight from NFL scouts and coaches

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If he somehow became the starter I am not even going to follow the season...he is an overrated, injury prone player that needs an NFL line for protection...but has a hot wife. 

Ha, you will follow the team even if they bring back Matt Floyd.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Ha, you will follow the team even if they bring back Matt Floyd.

True but I would be in full Darth Vader mode while looking around for another program to follow. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, 7overlord said:

Cronk wasn’t drafted because of misinformation put out by USF on his medical history so teams want to see him in person. If he would’ve had a pro day he would’ve been a day 3 pick.

If the scouts know it was misinformation, why not draft him?

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If the scouts know it was misinformation, why not draft him?

The scouts don’t know it was misinformation so teams sought out more information. USF has not answered back many requests from NFL teams over the last few months, not just about Cronk but Barnett as well.

This has left many teams not even signing him let alone drafting because of all uncertainty about the player and the season coming up. 

Sad part is once he is brought in and makes a team, USF will promote that as if they had something to do with it but when the player needed the school there was no love then. Gotta love a second rate football program.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, 7overlord said:

I was just curious if he signed a UDFA deal. Wasn't meant as a slight which seems to be how you took it.... 

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

I was just curious if he signed a UDFA deal. Wasn't meant as a slight which seems to be how you took it.... 

I didn’t take it as a slight at all. I am upset with USF and how they have conducted themselves with certain players. The families of high school players that I am associated with have taken note as well.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

He was listed as the 29th best back available after the draft by one service. Another service noted that It was well know that his 40 time was severely lacking credibility. I don’t see that he has signed anywhere. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good measurables, meh quarterback 

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He was listed as the 29th best back available after the draft by one service. Another service noted that It was well know that his 40 time was severely lacking credibility. I don’t see that he has signed anywhere. 

I was there for his 40 and it was legit. I’ve tried to post the video but it is too large. The only reason the NFL hasn’t accepted his time because there wasn’t an NFL rep there which they didn’t know until afterward. 

From the Steelers scouts, 2 of them had him listed as a 6th round pick as a one dimensional player since he wasn’t used in the passing game his two years at USF or on special teams. The third scout had him as a priority FA.

The issue is the intensity grade (medical + off field). USF reported 3 major injuries including a knee injury which put his intensity grade as 3.2. Anything over 2.5 is a red flag. 

just wanted to share what teams really say and go by and not what these services that many value but don’t know crap.