• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Um, ask Hong Kong how that return to normal life is going.   Really hope I'm wrong but  I think we're all dreaming about a full season and have to agree with smazza on this one.

I was referring more specifically to the region of China that the virus originated in.  Apparently they have seen no new cases in the last week.....But nobody knows how this goes down, we have never seen anything like this in our lifetime before.  So, there is really no way to predict.  I'm just trying to be optimistic.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

54 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Its already being contained in China, and it was first discovered in late December.  That's a full 3 months for it to filter through the population and start to die off.

If that trend continues throughout the rest of the world, and this thing doesn't mutate into something worse.  We should be expect to be back to normal by mid Summer well before Football Season.....if not Good Lord help us!

They didn't flatten the curve.  What we are doing is going to extend the life of this thing into the summer minimum.  And by time kids have "spring" ball and then "summer" ball, we'll be ready to kick off the season in December. Remember, gyms are closed so not sure how these guys are working out.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Its already being contained in China, and it was first discovered in late December.  That's a full 3 months for it to filter through the population and start to die off.

If that trend continues throughout the rest of the world, and this thing doesn't mutate into something worse.  We should be expect to be back to normal by mid Summer well before Football Season.....if not Good Lord help us!

I was just asking myself what will life be without CFB this year? After much contemplation I have decided that it would not be good for myself or Mother Earth. That being said...I got a bad feeling about the season starting. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I was just asking myself what will life be without CFB this year? After much contemplation I have decided that it would not be good for myself or Mother Earth. 

Right now, I yearn for Hockey and Baseball.  I've already decided that Hockey is not going to resume and Baseball is in real jeopardy.....I can't imagine no Football in the Fall, that would be Armaggedon for most of us!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I'm just trying to be optimistic.

So sorry Jonesy.  I posted that on the heels of hearing that our president wants to relax social distancing to give a jolt to the economy.  I need a deep breath and also need to be more optomistic.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was just asking myself what will life be without CFB this year? After much contemplation I have decided that it would not be good for myself or Mother Earth. That being said...I got a bad feeling about the season starting. 

I got the same bad feeling, at least we will have a contentious election that we can pass the time with by creating further divisiveness amongst our fellowman.  We are early in the decade but so far 2020 has sucked worse than our football team did last year, which is just plain sad.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

There are no new cases in China... maybe they stopped testing?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

I'd ask for another view of their outrageous level of pollution:

china_trop_2020056_wide-7d2941abe984a358
WWW.NPR.ORG

Air pollution levels have dropped dramatically as power plants and factories have slowed down — potentially saving lives. But the public health benefits aren't so simple to calculate.

Also read an article about how low their cell phone usage still is.  These are the kind of things the young'ns don't understand when they wish for those types of govt.  No accountability.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, ForestBull said:

No new cases ........... according to this guy:

Image result for iraqi press guy

spacer.png

Image result for iraqi press guy

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

So sorry Jonesy.  I posted that on the heels of hearing that our president wants to relax social distancing to give a jolt to the economy.  I need a deep breath and also need to be more optomistic.

Yeah he kept talking about how we can do 2 things at one time.  Meaning getting life back to normal and curbing the pandemic at the same time.  

Interesting. Need an explanation on how that is possible.