• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball America AAC Preview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Does Coach Mohl survive if we are lower than 7th in conference?

If there is a god the answer is NO!!!!!! If we are lower than 5 then can his ass. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I think it depends on how we look at the end of the season. We could finish low but if are playing good baseball in the end, he deserves another year. Must make the AAC tourny though. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

We'll have to see how this season goes for the Bulls, but I don't know that Mohl can recruit well enough to compete like we should.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

I think what we’re going to find out is that Mohl is a pretty good pitching coach, not much more.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Good thing we’re not located in a baseball state or this would get ugly

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

The only way I would bring back Mohl with a low seed is if he got a deep run in the conference tourney or won it.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Does Coach Mohl survive if we are lower than 7th in conference?

Not a chance if we finish at the bottom again. So far, he's not lighting up the recruiting trail, but there's a learning curve at our level if you're taking projects who aren't yet ready to contribute, so it remains to be seen on his ability to bring in talent (or projectable talent). He had one very good year and one garbage year. This is the tiebreaker, I guess. We've never been a good program for any long stretch, so its hard to say we "should" be better, but I've got to think we can find someone to at least get us into the top 3 more often than not. I know we had injuries last year, so I'm hopeful we trend in the right direction this season, but at some point, you've got to produce. Shrempf is projected to be the real deal, so there's that. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, JTrue said:

Not a chance if we finish at the bottom again. So far, he's not lighting up the recruiting trail, but there's a learning curve at our level if you're taking projects who aren't yet ready to contribute, so it remains to be seen on his ability to bring in talent (or projectable talent). He had one very good year and one garbage year. This is the tiebreaker, I guess. We've never been a good program for any long stretch, so its hard to say we "should" be better, but I've got to think we can find someone to at least get us into the top 3 more often than not. I know we had injuries last year, so I'm hopeful we trend in the right direction this season, but at some point, you've got to produce. Shrempf is projected to be the real deal, so there's that. 

Good analysis.  Thanks!

Its a little concerning that he is not lighting it up on the recruiting trail as you say.  As we know for all sports.  That is where the bread is buttered.

Will be interesting to see which way we trend this year.

Edited by Jonesy Bull