• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS Already Addressing Our Areas of Need

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

54 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Agreed.  CJL is still the greatest until he is not.  And he will always be most special because he created the program.

That said CJS has a real chance to be the best ever in the future.  He is the real deal.

We have nothing to solidify he is the real deal and I want him to take us higher than CJL. I just do not understand all these fans saying he is the best ever!

2 hours ago, smazza said:

the leavitt era played  ky weslyn and won nothing at the end of the day and let to downfall of our program

cjs will easy leave his mark and leave as our most successful coach

WE can only hope and father time will tell. He has a lot of wins and sellout crowds against top 25 programs to pass the Jimfather.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

When CJS hits 100 wins and knocks off multiple top 25 teams in front of sellout or near sellout crowds he can be called the greatest. He has yet to coach a game. He is recruiting but we need to see his results. I hope he can top the CJL era but he has a long road ahead of winning to put himself into that conversation. You know who else could talk a big game and recruit? Butch Jones. Lets hope CJS is closer to CJL than Butch.Image result for butch tennessee

Uh I hope CJS is closer to Butch Jones...

Butch Jones won 2 Big East championships and 2 MAC championships.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

26 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

this is how it is done

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Am I missing something?  What is the US2F hashtag about?  Why the 2?  Am I the only one who doesn’t understand this?  

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649

United from Start 2 Finish

I heard CJS say in one of his interviews the other day that this program was once ranked #2 in the country. If we can do it once, we can do it again. 

That all sounds good and well but the Big East with BCS access is no longer the situation. Under the current situation, I think a G5 school could go undefeated for 3 consecutive years and it would still be unlikely they would see a #2 ranking. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

38 minutes ago, usf97 said:

United from Start 2 Finish

I heard CJS say in one of his interviews the other day that this program was once ranked #2 in the country. If we can do it once, we can do it again. 

That all sounds good and well but the Big East with BCS access is no longer the situation. Under the current situation, I think a G5 school could go undefeated for 3 consecutive years and it would still be unlikely they would see a #2 ranking. 

If Bama stays Bama and you beat them, you have a chance.  😉

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Funny joke, but lets not act like we didnt lose mad recruits. Lets also not act like CJS is bringing in a bunch of 4/5 star recruits either. He brought in 4 transfers that didnt get any playing time and a bunch of recruits that was rated lower than CCS recruits. Im actually estatic about the players he brought in, but on paper he hasnt done nothing extravagent. Im happy we have CJS but let the man earn his praise.  Also just b/c somebody was a fans of the previous coaches doesnt mean that they hate or dislike CJS.

Let's not pretend any of the previous coaches routinely landed 4-5 star players over the last 15 years. And, even with highly-rated recruiting classes/players...*leans in and whispers*...we still haven't won a conference championship.

Bottom line: Michael Kelly inherited a poorly organized grassroots effort doing anything possible to keep people interested in USF football. Winning is great, but the other part of the equation is has been missing for a very long time: engagement. 

Winning is CJS's job, and I agree, we need to see results (obvs). Engagement is a joint effort between CJS/Athletics/Alum/Students/Community..etc. True USF football success will be determined on how well these pieces come together, so far, we're on the right track.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Well I am sure that has to be shocking for any long term CCS guys. CJS may be trying to see if he can shake a few more scholarships free. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, Dan C. said:

Let's not pretend any of the previous coaches routinely landed 4-5 star players over the last 15 years. And, even with highly-rated recruiting classes/players...*leans in and whispers*...we still haven't won a conference championship.

Bottom line: Michael Kelly inherited a poorly organized grassroots effort doing anything possible to keep people interested in USF football. Winning is great, but the other part of the equation is has been missing for a very long time: engagement. 

Winning is CJS's job, and I agree, we need to see results (obvs). Engagement is a joint effort between CJS/Athletics/Alum/Students/Community..etc. True USF football success will be determined on how well these pieces come together, so far, we're on the right track.

I never said the previous coaches did...although CCS had (1) 4 star recruit in this class. Im just noticing people are praising every move CJS makes and some of the moves getting praised are nothing to brag about lol