• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clemson Position Coaches Coming to USF . . . ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

. . . as CoOrdinators. 

Brandon Streeter as OC

Mike Reed as DC

AND . . . Deandre McDaniel as DB Coach.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, E.T. said:

. . . as CoOrdinators. 

Brandon Streeter as OC

Mike Reed as DC

AND . . . Deandre McDaniel as DB Coach.

Streeter is being promoted to Scott's old spot.  I would happily take the other two though.    

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

Streeter makes $500,000 already. That’s a little steep for us

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

Streeter makes $500,000 already. That’s a little steep for us

The new assistant pool was reported at 3.5 million.   It is within reason to lay out 650-750k for the right coordinator.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808

3 minutes ago, slowdown said:

The new assistant pool was reported at 3.5 million.   It is within reason to lay out 650-750k for the right coordinator.

10 people have to be paid plus grad assistants. By comparison Clemson paid Venables Scott and Elliot $4 million between them. Oline $500k and the other te coach 500k.  D line coaches 350k each. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Swinney was nice to let Scott go, I doubt he lets Scott raid his assistants. Attrition is rare at Clemson. Maybe a few? Hopefully as many as possible. Let's get that Clemson culture here as a seed and grow.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

10 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

10 people have to be paid plus grad assistants. By comparison Clemson paid Venables Scott and Elliot $4 million between them. Oline $500k and the other te coach 500k.  D line coaches 350k each. 

Not sure what we are comparing to Clemson.  Our top assistant would be their #3, except you know we just took their #3 so there is nothing to compare.   Streeter has been promoted to passing game coordinator and has been there about half as long as Scott.  Scott was making a million as the co-oc.  Streeter already had the recruiting coordinator tag.   The cap on Streeters promoted salary would seem to be less than a million as a lesser tenured lower titled guy.  Obviously we will know the $ when we know it.  Without a doubt Clemson can pay this guy whatever they need to retain him, if they want to.   However my comment was general response to the idea that $500,000 is a little steep for us. 

We have been paying about 250,000 out of the assistant pool to supplement other staff positions.  That would leave 3.25. Clemson had a 7.4 million dollar pool.  They paid their top assistant 30% of their total money, paid their coordinator positions(3) 57% of their total money, and were paying out a little under 5% to their lowest paid assistant.    That would translate to $975,000, 1.85 million, and $156,000 here.   

Does that distribution hold up?  Can't see us spending over half our money on 2 or 3 guys but there are nearly infinite ways to split the money up.    Could realistically handle 1.2 million total on 2 coordinators, 0.5 mil on 3 low staff, and have an average of $310,000 each for the 5 mid staff positions.   How Scott distributes the money is obviously unknown right now and is going to be structured around who he CAN get not just who he wants. 

Plenty of the schools in 2019 who had pools around 3.25 were paying 600-800 ( Rod Smith 800k at Illinois - surprising)

Either way our assistant pool appears to have gone from 5th in conference to 1st - very pleased with that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, slowdown said:

Not sure what we are comparing to Clemson.  Our top assistant would be their #3, except you know we just took their #3 so there is nothing to compare.   Streeter has been promoted to passing game coordinator and has been there about half as long as Scott.  Scott was making a million as the co-oc.  Streeter already had the recruiting coordinator tag.   The cap on Streeters promoted salary would seem to be less than a million as a lesser tenured lower titled guy.  Obviously we will know the $ when we know it.  Without a doubt Clemson can pay this guy whatever they need to retain him, if they want to.   However my comment was general response to the idea that $500,000 is a little steep for us. 

We have been paying about 250,000 out of the assistant pool to supplement other staff positions.  That would leave 3.25. Clemson had a 7.4 million dollar pool.  They paid their top assistant 30% of their total money, paid their coordinator positions(3) 57% of their total money, and were paying out a little under 5% to their lowest paid assistant.    That would translate to $975,000, 1.85 million, and $156,000 here.   

Does that distribution hold up?  Can't see us spending over half our money on 2 or 3 guys but there are nearly infinite ways to split the money up.    Could realistically handle 1.2 million total on 2 coordinators, 0.5 mil on 3 low staff, and have an average of $310,000 each for the 5 mid staff positions.   How Scott distributes the money is obviously unknown right now and is going to be structured around who he CAN get not just who he wants. 

Plenty of the schools in 2019 who had pools around 3.25 were paying 600-800 ( Rod Smith 800k at Illinois - surprising)

Either way our assistant pool appears to have gone from 5th in conference to 1st - very pleased with that.

Not to mention the opportunity for Streeter to call plays. It doesn't appear likely, but I'd love it if CJS could snag him. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Here is one of our new coaches out on the recruiting trail.

"Come to USF.....maybe.....maybe you can drive this car? Also, we have a matching green one."

ELyBY2cWkAARc4y.jpg:large

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

31 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Here is one of our new coaches out on the recruiting trail.

"Come to USF.....maybe.....maybe you can drive this car? Also, we have a matching green one."

ELyBY2cWkAARc4y.jpg:large

Thinkin she's going to need a pillow to set on to see over the wheel...the pedals?? hmmmmm? She's a cute little gal so maybe she can talk some recruits into coming our way.. or, at least plant the seed with their little bro/sis's to get them to apply pressure...