• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This hire feels different

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

We have a coach who is more than a guidance counselor?

season 1 kyle GIF

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

season 1 kyle GIF

happy timmy burch GIF by South Park

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Every hire feels different, until they don’t 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Every hire feels different, until they don’t 

deep GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Rizman said:

I think the number of individuals who from Clemson came down to see him speak at USF spoke volumes to me.  That is very interesting and says a lot about Coach Scott.  Additionally, when I watched his speech, he was deliberate in acknowledging people both at USF and Clemson plus people that came before him at USF.   He pointed people out in the crowd, asked his parents, wife, and daughter to stand.   I think we have someone that has a special leadership skill set that you simply cannot replicate.

This really stood out to me as well and added to the excitement. The guy is clearly held in very high regard and the support from his fellow coaches and Clemson fans is frankly like nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s beyond a breath of fresh air.

Plus, this guy is a COACH. He’s an ace recruiter. We have not had anyone like this guy before (CJL is in a class of his own as the father of the program so I won’t include him in the last comment). But this one does absolutely feel different.

Michael Kelley has a lot to do with it as well. I’ve been pretty vocal here, although I’m not a “regular” poster...but I’ve been voicing my concern about the state of USF Football.

Everything about this hire, at this time feels right. The relationship with the program to Jeff Vinik etc....it just seems like we are about to take the next step to where Leavitt got us to....Holtz, Taggart, and Strong were just space takers in the grand scheme of things. It feels like we are at the beginning stages of building upon the momentum that has been missing for a long, long time.

GO BULLS!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

This really stood out to me as well and added to the excitement. The guy is clearly held in very high regard and the support from his fellow coaches and Clemson fans is frankly like nothing I’ve ever seen. It’s beyond a breath of fresh air.

Plus, this guy is a COACH. He’s an ace recruiter. We have not had anyone like this guy before (CJL is in a class of his own as the father of the program so I won’t include him in the last comment). But this one does absolutely feel different.

Michael Kelley has a lot to do with it as well. I’ve been pretty vocal here, although I’m not a “regular” poster...but I’ve been voicing my concern about the state of USF Football.

Everything about this hire, at this time feels right. The relationship with the program to Jeff Vinik etc....it just seems like we are about to take the next step to where Leavitt got us to....Holtz, Taggart, and Strong were just space takers in the grand scheme of things. It feels like we are at the beginning stages of building upon the momentum that has been missing for a long, long time.

GO BULLS!!!!

But at least 2 of those people combined this trip with recruiting the Tampa area.  I'm sure they wish him well but if they had recruiting visits scheduled for Oklahoma they may not have made this trip.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

But at least 2 of those people combined this trip with recruiting the Tampa area.  I'm sure they wish him well but if they had recruiting visits scheduled for Oklahoma they may not have made this trip.  

Fair enough. I take everything I said back. I’m no longer excited about the hire.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Fair enough. I take everything I said back. I’m no longer excited about the hire.

Somebody is a buzz killer don't you think SpeedBull?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

47 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That's true, but they still took time out of their trip to be there.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

jennifer lawrence GIF

• Haha 1