• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This hire feels different

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

I am a bit of a Pollyanna.  I'll admit that.

Something about this hire feels different.  Maybe it was the speeches yesterday or the comments from the Clemson game idk.

This game is all about results so the proof is in the pudding but I'm excited about the program again and I wasn't sure if that was possible after the past decade.

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

I think the number of individuals who from Clemson came down to see him speak at USF spoke volumes to me.  That is very interesting and says a lot about Coach Scott.  Additionally, when I watched his speech, he was deliberate in acknowledging people both at USF and Clemson plus people that came before him at USF.   He pointed people out in the crowd, asked his parents, wife, and daughter to stand.   I think we have someone that has a special leadership skill set that you simply cannot replicate.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Rizman said:

I think the number of individuals who from Clemson came down to see him speak at USF spoke volumes to me.  That is very interesting and says a lot about Coach Scott.  Additionally, when I watched his speech, he was deliberate in acknowledging people both at USF and Clemson plus people that came before him at USF.   He pointed people out in the crowd, asked his parents, wife, and daughter to stand.   I think we have someone that has a special leadership skill set that you simply cannot replicate.

We have a coach who is more than a guidance counselor?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

Can't wait for the battle of the bulls on September 5th! Who is ready to fly to Austin!?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

We have a coach who is more than a guidance counselor?

We had one of those life coach's and he couldn't even get the boys stronger and more prepared. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

We had am extra in the movie "grumpy old" man as the face to rally the program...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

I didn’t need to be sold on CJS, but seeing the support he’s getting from Clemson staff and fan base is really reinforcing my excitement about this hire. I can’t wait for the recruiting chops to kick in. I hope we get some surprises next week.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Rizman said:

I’ve got to admit that I like to have a coach with a strong southern accent...that is football to me...kind of SEC like resemblance. 😃

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1