• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Assistant Coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

I saw on twitter that Clemson defensive analyst Deandre McDaniel will likely join Jeff Scott at #USF as a DBs coach per Bulls247

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, usfdude22 said:

I saw on twitter that Clemson defensive analyst Deandre McDaniel will likely join Jeff Scott at #USF as a DBs coach per Bulls247

Will our DBs finally turn their heads and the play the ball or even jump a route?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

18 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

I have absolutely nothing against Shaun King. Other than watching him QB the Bucs for a short while, I actually know very little about him. What I want to know is why so many think he needs to stick around with a new staff. Again, it makes no difference to me one way or the other. Is it strictly for his perceived recruiting skills? Is it because he is a phenomenal position coach, and if so, why is he still just a position coach? Just trying to ask for help understanding this sentiment. Thanks.

Like others have mentioned, good recruiter. It is also probably a good idea to keep someone around who knows how the USF athletics bureaucracy functions and can help the new guys navigate through it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

I have absolutely nothing against Shaun King. Other than watching him QB the Bucs for a short while, I actually know very little about him. What I want to know is why so many think he needs to stick around with a new staff. Again, it makes no difference to me one way or the other. Is it strictly for his perceived recruiting skills? Is it because he is a phenomenal position coach, and if so, why is he still just a position coach? Just trying to ask for help understanding this sentiment. Thanks.

First, a good recruiter. Second, if you watched QFlowers, when he had King as QB coach his mechanics were much improved over the last year when Gilbert took over. Not saying QBQF wasn't still QBQF, just that he looked more polished throwing the ball. As RB coach he was a bit handicapped by the o-line, but still produced good numbers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

Will our DBs finally turn their heads and the play the ball or even jump a route?

Statistically, we were pretty good.  13th in passing yards allowed (76th in 2017, 35th in 2018), and 24th in interceptions.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

He needs to bring in a top notch S&C coach.  Pat Moorer was awful.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

He needs to bring in a top notch S&C coach.  Pat Moorer was awful.

One of the weak points of the team for sure. We need bigger, stronger and faster guys out there. A lot of that is on the S&C but we need better recruits on both lines BAD. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

So many injuries as well probably due to poor S&C.  These coaches spend more time with the players than any of the position coaches so it’s vital he makes a great hire.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

34 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

So many injuries as well probably due to poor S&C.  These coaches spend more time with the players than any of the position coaches so it’s vital he makes a great hire.

Injuries seem to be an issue for football and men's and women's basketball. Really makes me wonder what's going on.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Injuries seem to be an issue for football and men's and women's basketball. Really makes me wonder what's going on.

Indian burial mound curse my man