• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Film Study

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

animation film GIF
What film are we studying again? Also I don’t remember signing up for this class

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

You know, thinking back on it I’m even more annoyed at our receivers. You had McDoom come in and say “we don’t know how to practice” yet he hasn’t done a whole lot. You had RSF say he was offended that his coach called him out for not catching, has one decent game, and then continues to show that dropped passes are still an issue for him. Someone has to step up against C. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You know, thinking back on it I’m even more annoyed at our receivers. You had McDoom come in and say “we don’t know how to practice” yet he hasn’t done a whole lot. You had RSF say he was offended that his coach called him out for not catching, has one decent game, and then continues to show that dropped passes are still an issue for him. Someone has to step up against C. 

You think not practicing well is supposed to make you better?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Gilbert rushed the ball 56% of the time in 2018 ....

To put this in context, it really is more than that if you consider the shovel toss a run, which it really is, but stats call it a pass. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

18 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Dude we left 35 points on the board against Memphis in the 1st half. Think we all need to sit back and see those 35 points reappear next season 

lol sure a team that is averaging 20 ppg somehow left 35 on the board.

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually he was a player under Bell so he does have some insight. Why do you enjoy ******** on most posts? 

so only natural that he would defend him then huh?

watching some "film review" from some random fan when it's just the tv clips broken down is ridiculous. you could make tom brady look like a terrible QB if you wanted to.

17 hours ago, Azmodi said:

I don't care what anyone say's. Our O'Line sucks and these same players have always sucked. Atterbury is a senior and yet one of the most penalized players on the team. He has only looked servicable in a couple games his entire career. That is just bad recruiting.

funny he seemed to be pretty good in Taggart's last year and then even in Strong's first year. he only "sucked" when we went full prostyle blocking schemes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so only natural that he would defend him then huh?

watching some "film review" from some random fan when it's just the tv clips broken down is ridiculous. you could make tom brady look like a terrible QB if you wanted to.

Why is using TV clips broken down ridiculous?  To me, it's the analysis that varies.  The only team who has had multiple sources of film that I know of employs Tom Brady, by coincidence. 🤨

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

38 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

lol sure a team that is averaging 20 ppg somehow left 35 on the board.

lol I was stunned too when I heard that. Hope those points magically appear soon cause we will need all the points we can get.

14 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Why is using TV clips broken down ridiculous?  To me, it's the analysis that varies.  The only team who has had multiple sources of film that I know of employs Tom Brady, by coincidence. 🤨

sorry but any analysis done on tv or by any legit college coaching staff has way more than one view.

anyone can look at a tv clip and say "hey tom brady that WR was running wide open why didn't you throw it to him?" heck they only see half the field most times.

again you can go through any college game and find execution issues. even alabama and clemson.

these guys see what they want to see.

Fact is this guy runs a complex pro-style offense. even the paper said he was going to go down running his pro-style offense. not what you want to do if you need a quick fix. the line looks terrible because the blocking schemes are way more difficult than in a zone read scheme.

good coaches adapt and call plays that work to their players strengths.

bad ones force players to run their system.

Edited by Bull94