• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Film Study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I want to start by saying I simply cannot stand TDS but that’s a whole different story. However, this is good film review. For those saying KB is doing a terrible job, there probably isn’t a thing in the world that will change your mind, but this film says otherwise. The plays are there. Who is responsible for that? KB. The PLAYERS AREN’T DOING THEIR JOBS!! KB can’t get out there and catch for them. He can’t get out there and magically fix the offensive line. He can’t get out there and block for them. Don’t tell me for once second “our offense is bad so this all falls on him” because whoever recruited what’s on the field didn’t do THEIR job (and hint, it wasn’t KB).  The problem is that many of us thought he’d come in and fix every issue USF has on offense but in reality that’s like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Watch for yourself, or continue to be closed minded. Your choice. 

https://www.thedailystampede.com/platform/amp/2019/11/28/20985650/tds-film-room-memphis-review-charlie-strong-usf-memphis-football-kelley-joiner-kerwin-bell?utm_campaign=thedailystampede&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I want to start by saying I simply cannot stand TDS but that’s a whole different story. However, this is good film review. For those saying KB is doing a terrible job, there probably isn’t a thing in the world that will change your mind, but this film says otherwise. The plays are there. Who is responsible for that? KB. The PLAYERS AREN’T DOING THEIR JOBS!! KB can’t get out there and catch for them. He can’t get out there and magically fix the offensive line. He can’t get out there and block for them. Don’t tell me for once second “our offense is bad so this all falls on him” because whoever recruited what’s on the field didn’t do THEIR job (and hunt, it wasn’t KB).  The problem is that many of us thought he’d come in and fix every issue USF has on offense but in reality that’s like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Watch for yourself, or continue to be closed minded. Your choice. 

https://www.thedailystampede.com/platform/amp/2019/11/28/20985650/tds-film-room-memphis-review-charlie-strong-usf-memphis-football-kelley-joiner-kerwin-bell?utm_campaign=thedailystampede&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

What about the fact the offensive line was better, he brought in his offensive line coach, they shifted players from their positions and it digressed under his tutelage? That’s not his fault? Who’s fault is it? Also if he is trying to fit square pegs into round holes, who makes him do that? You are right that it’s not his fault that he is a horrible fit and hire but you are wrong that he can fix it, far more seasoned coaches were going to turn our offense into something it’s not and all have failed before we fall back on what actually works. If the players can’t produce on the plays you are calling at some point it absolutely is your fault that you like a moron keep calling them instead of calling the things that actually do and have worked. Maybe just maybe some of these plays appear more open because everyone but KB knows that they will not convert.

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

And the only thing worse than KB is the daily stampede, they identify with KB because they look like him and are also horribly amateur for the craft they pretend to represent. Hell they make Jk look like he should win a Pulitzer.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What about the fact the offensive line was better, he brought in his offensive line coach, they shifted players from their positions and it digressed under his tutelage? That’s not his fault? Who’s fault is it? Also if he is trying to fit square pegs into round holes, who makes him do that? You are right that it’s not his fault that he is a horrible fit and hire but you are wrong that he can fix it, far more seasoned coaches were going to turn our offense into something it’s not and all have failed before we fall back on what actually works. If the players can’t produce on the plays you are calling at some point it absolutely is your fault that you like a moron keep calling them instead of calling the things that actually do and have worked. Maybe just maybe some of these plays appear more open because everyone but KB knows that they will not convert.

Where do you get that the offensive line was that much better last year? And new system in a new year doesn’t mean they’re going to get better this year. If these things happen again next season, then I say sure, a lot of it falls on Bell.  Also, talking about putting players on positions they weren’t meant for, didn’t Gilbert do that as well? If I remember correctly Bell adjusted that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Where do you get that the offensive line was that much better last year? And new system in a new year doesn’t mean they’re going to get better this year. If these things happen again next season, then I say sure, a lot of it falls on Bell.  Also, talking about putting players on positions they weren’t meant for, didn’t Gilbert do that as well? If I remember correctly Bell adjusted that. 

Billy at left tackle rings a “Bell”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Billy at left tackle rings a “Bell”

Some of you are acting like that was done with no reasoning involved. Didn’t Bell move him back after a couple games? It was Atterbury that I was thinking of but that was indeed a Bell move. 

5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

If you are going to give him a two year pass regardless of results then why try to preach to people that complete and utter failure is actually success? Because he tried things over and over that he thought should work despite having it fail play after play and week after week? When you get back the majority of your scoring from last season and you make your offense more than 60 percent worst than some part of that is absolutely your fault no matter how anyone tries to excuse it away. Let me guess we just don’t know him like you do and he is actually really nice and takes care of you when no one is around and the black eye is because you tripped into the door knob.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you are going to give him a two year pass regardless of results then why try to preach to people that complete and utter failure is actually success? Because he tried things over and over that he thought should work despite having it fail play after play and week after week? When you get back the majority of your scoring from last season and you make your offense more than 60 percent worst than some part of that is absolutely your fault no matter how anyone tries to excuse it away. Let me guess we just don’t know him like you do and he is actually really nice and takes care of you when no one is around and the black eye is because you tripped into the door knob.

“trying things over and over” so there were zero attempts to make adjustments this season?

Just now, brybull1970 said:

This threads only purpose is to trigger puc.

Nah, it’s really not. It’s trying to show that there is more depth to an idea of “Kerwin Bell isn’t good.” 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

chum GIF

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This threads only purpose is to trigger puc.

• Haha 1

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

“trying things over and over” so there were zero attempts to make adjustments this season?

Sometimes we tried things that work and then we quickly navigate back to KBs ****** prostyle/spurrier’s old fun n’ gun abortion of an offense because he takes it as a sign that he can make it work, spoiler alert ....he can’t.