• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Film Study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Gilbert’s offense at least had average run blocking and had one thousand yard rushers. Gilberts play calling was predictable and easy to shut down, but it’s apparent that whatever Bell did made the run blocking a lot worse. Major regression. 

And with so many drops I also question what the coaches are doing with the receivers. Our receivers have actually regressed, and that’s on this coaching staff too. 

We need to just fruit the fastest players we can and design schemes like the gulf coast where you can put the ball anywhere out of the formation, defense freezes for a moment and our guys get that one step on them that turns into big yards. 

Bells offense needs a really good offense line. It’s good if the recievers catch, the Oline is SEC quality, and the QB is an accurate passer. Well always be missing the Offensive line part of the equation. 

Taggart‘s and Frost’s systems worked so well because they made the defense pause and think just long enough for the fast players to get that one extra stride of distance and then take off. 

Bells offense creates lots of openings but it fails if the offensive line fails, so it’s going to be a whole 2 or 3 recruiting cycles to get those lineman in place, and still probably will fail. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Gilbert’s offense at least had average run blocking and had one thousand yard rushers. Gilberts play calling was predictable and easy to shut down, but it’s apparent that whatever Bell did made the run blocking a lot worse. Major regression. 

And with so many drops I also question what the coaches are doing with the receivers. Our receivers have actually regressed, and that’s on this coaching staff too. 

So in other words, these players aren’t accountable for anything 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,261
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This threads only purpose is to trigger puc.

My family is going to really appreciate him having ruined Thanksgiving.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Coaches influence is huge. Don’t under estimate it. Anyone who has played sports and worked with different coaches knows this. 

9 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You are the one explicitly saying the person that is the biggest change year over year and the one in charge and being paid to run the offense is absolved of any responsibility in doing 60 percent worse year over year but you think it’s unreasonable to suggest that some of it may not be completely the players fault even though they did better with another guy.

7 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Coaches influence is huge. Don’t under estimate it. Anyone who has played sports and worked with different coaches knows this. 

Not in football, but I’ve played and coached. I know it’s a very huge influence but I also know that if some players don’t want to step up then that can ruin a lot. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

27 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This threads only purpose is to trigger puc.

I thought it was to figure out what UCF is doing.  WE ONLY HAVE ONE DAY LEFT.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are the one explicitly saying the person that is the biggest change year over year and the one in charge and being paid to run the offense is absolved of any responsibility in doing 60 percent worse year over year but you think it’s unreasonable to suggest that some of it may not be completely the players fault even though they did better with another guy.

Not at all. I think that some responsibility falls on Bell, Strong, etc. But there are drops that should be catches, and there are blocks that should be made that have nothing to do with a lack of coaching. I think the bigger concern is that a coordinator was brought in with a completely different style of offense in a year that could make or break the head coaches career. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,402
  • Days Won:  43

Got to keep KB at least one more season or I’m gonna be flat out pissed!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Not at all. I think that some responsibility falls on Bell, Strong, etc. But there are drops that should be catches, and there are blocks that should be made that have nothing to do with a lack of coaching. I think the bigger concern is that a coordinator was brought in with a completely different style of offense in a year that could make or break the head coaches career. 

This is a fair enough position and the last sentence is my biggest problem and anyone should have seen this from the beginning