• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Film Study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I want to start by saying I simply cannot stand TDS but that’s a whole different story. However, this is good film review. For those saying KB is doing a terrible job, there probably isn’t a thing in the world that will change your mind, but this film says otherwise. The plays are there. Who is responsible for that? KB. The PLAYERS AREN’T DOING THEIR JOBS!! KB can’t get out there and catch for them. He can’t get out there and magically fix the offensive line. He can’t get out there and block for them. Don’t tell me for once second “our offense is bad so this all falls on him” because whoever recruited what’s on the field didn’t do THEIR job (and hint, it wasn’t KB).  The problem is that many of us thought he’d come in and fix every issue USF has on offense but in reality that’s like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Watch for yourself, or continue to be closed minded. Your choice. 

https://www.thedailystampede.com/platform/amp/2019/11/28/20985650/tds-film-room-memphis-review-charlie-strong-usf-memphis-football-kelley-joiner-kerwin-bell?utm_campaign=thedailystampede&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

If people would watch the video they would understand a little bit. The plays are there but the execution is not. Not sure if execution would be there for any style of offense this year...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

19 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

So to speak to this point, how do you load up on guys like this before this season? Can’t the same be said about loading up on guys that fit Bell’s current system?

It could be said. The problem is it is a lot harder to find OL and pro style QBs than it is to find fast athletes/QBs that may or may not be able to throw but that can run and don’t want to play DB in college.

Its hard to say what was available on that front via the portal. Octavius Battle had already left.

We have one such player in Evans. Can he throw? Don’t know and KB isn’t interested in running that offense. I expect Evans will transfer out after the season.

Related to this point...did anyone break down “Why didn’t Mike White work here? “ Was it just the OLine?

He goes to WKU, tears up the world, gets drafted in the 5th round and plays for the Jets.

Year Team Games Passing
GP GS Cmp Att Pct Yards Y/Att Long TDs Int Sacked Rating
2013 South Florida 6 5 93 175 53.1 1,083 6.2 73 3 9 11 100.5
2014 South Florida 11 10 122 242 50.4 1,639 6.8 85 8 7 16 112.4
2016 Western Kentucky 14 14 280 416 67.3 4,363 10.5 87 37 7 18 181.4
2017 Western Kentucky 13 13 368 560 65.7 4,177 7.5 93 26 8 45 140.8
Career 44 42 863 1,393 62.0 11,262 8.1 93 74 31 90 142.9

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, usf97 said:

It could be said. The problem is it is a lot harder to find OL and pro style QBs than it is to find fast athletes/QBs that may or may not be able to throw but that can run and don’t want to play DB in college.

Its hard to say what was available on that front via the portal. Octavius Battle had already left.

We have one such player in Evans. Can he throw? Don’t know and KB isn’t interested in running that offense. I expect Evans will transfer out after the season.

Haven’t we had multiple pro style Qb’s come in and out the past few years? I sincerely hope Evans doesn’t transfer because he seems to be a real athlete. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,397
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, usf97 said:

USF needs to get back to the Gulf Coast Offense. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

If people would watch the video they would understand a little bit. The plays are there but the execution is not. Not sure if execution would be there for any style of offense this year...

Which is why I don’t understand why that’s all on the coaches. Some of these kids have to be held accountable as well. It is weird, however, how dropped passes have plagued us this season. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,397
  • Days Won:  43

And the only bad loss this season was to Ga Tech. USF blew out UConn, ECU, and SC St. not bad for a 1st season OC. Give him one more season 

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

And the only bad loss this season was to Ga Tech. USF blew out UConn, ECU, and SC St. not bad for a 1st season OC. Give him one more season 

Tech game should have been a W. We were totally screwed. Doesn’t matter, shouldn’t have been that close. But I agree with this, we have flashes of greatness but some kind of consistency needs to be in place before we start yelling for people to get out 

USF Pro Style: Chad Barnhardt, Mike White, Steven Bench, Grant Gregory, Bobby Eveld, Blake Barnett, Brett Kean

USF Dual Threat: BJ Daniels, Grothe, Flowers, Blackwell, Denson, Ronnie Banks, Chris Oladokun, Pat Julmiste

Jordan McCloud was listed as a dual threat but I cannot tell if KB’s offense is so in his head that his mobility is affected but I would feel more confident in just letting Joiner take direct snaps at this point. 

Edited by usf97

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

USF Pro Style: Chad Barnhardt, Mike White, Steven Bench, Grant Gregory, Bobby Eveld, Blake Barnett, Brett Kean

USF Dual Threat: BJ Daniels, Grothe, Flowers, Blackwell, Denson, Ronnie Banks, Chris Oladokun, Pat Julmiste

Jordan McCloud was listed as a dual threat but I cannot tell if KB’s offense is so in his head that his mobility is affected but I would feel more confident in just letting Joiner take direct snaps at this point. 

Oladokun was pro style.