• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You Don't Ever Give Up On A Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Saving your timeouts until you get to midfield is not giving up on the game, but not using them at the very end of the game when you have so clearly failed to get to midfield is quitting.

It feels as the lack of perceive effort we are getting from CCS around recruit has translated into his coaching effort and that has now translated into his post game news conference effort.

This guy looks as interested in USF football as Ellen DeGeneres does in watching the all male, adult film re-imaging of Glengarry Glen Ross.

jlong.jpg.81871ff3b921b809c6568d8437404337.jpg

Well if they had a portal that would do the coaching for him we wouldn’t have this issue

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

I suspect that when most of these AD's and search firms make a hire.....all they are doing is reading the news and looking at the next splash hire. 

I doubt they are actually looking into who is actually doing the play calling or who did the recruiting. I recall it took a while of digging into CCS to really figure out why he had so much success at Louisville and realize that he was doomed to failure once he lost Clint Hurtt. 

I agree. I think for the most part they want to make the "safe" hire. a name coach that the media will approve and most fans recognize.

that's why retreads get so many jobs. "well if Texas hired him he must be good for USF....."

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I agree. I think for the most part they want to make the "safe" hire. a name coach that the media will approve and most fans recognize.

that's why retreads get so many jobs. "well if Texas hired him he must be good for USF....."

It’s amazing to me that search firms are even a thing. Think about that. An athletics department at (what should be) a major university can’t form a committee well enough to get their next coach?  

I realize this happens across tons of universities and that I have a very surface level view of it but I still think it sounds slightly ridiculous. I would love to know the ratio of successful coaches to not when hired by search firms. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Search firm is to avoid the freedom of information acts. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

This look away by Conkrite after answering the question says it all.

Players are done with this, they know it runs deeper than it should.

Man, that is tough.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

This look away by Conkrite after answering the question says it all.

Players are done with this, they know it runs deeper than it should.

Man, that is tough.

spacer.png

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I tell ya interviews like that break my heart....

We gotta remember, this are students... USF students... USF Student Athletes who don't make **** risking their bodies out there on the field... and it's sad when it's a venture like this

I certainly appreciate all the student athletes, the sacrifices they make on and off the field. And I definitely keep my fingers crossed that they escape this healthy and move on to bigger and better ventures.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

I tell ya interviews like that break my heart....

We gotta remember, this are students... USF students... USF Student Athletes who don't make **** risking their bodies out there on the field... and it's sad when it's a venture like this

I certainly appreciate all the student athletes, the sacrifices they make on and off the field. And I definitely keep my fingers crossed that they escape this healthy and move on to bigger and better ventures.

Ya. I'll criticize their play on the field, but I sympathize with them having to face the press like that with a coach who obviously isn't working and likely doesn't care. Really it should just be the coaches facing the music of the press.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Like it or not, CCS's buyout is going to CBG's extension.  All this talk about search firms are very premature.