• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You Don't Ever Give Up On A Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

At the very least they could have thrown an all-go, Hail Mary type pass that would have served as a punt if intercepted, or potentially a big play.  I would have respected that decision a lot more than what they did run on 4th down.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Like you a Judy quit on CJL?

Jimbo will never, ever be a D1 coach...you should get use to those words

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

perhaps it's the offense we are running?

people need to stop blaming the linemen and blame the scheme we are running.

Ok, so relate this back to what I was saying. In essence, that points it back to the coaches, which is why I questioned what was going on.  I don’t get paid enough to figure out all the answers but I think it’s pretty obvious that the Oline is the worst unit on the team. Could it be scheme? Absolutely. We’ve had multiple games where we can’t manage a single point before halftime.  How many sacks did we give up last game? 8? And 10 at a prior game. That’s really, really bad.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I sat in the stands at Georgia Tech and watched him go into the half, losing, with two timeouts

Charlie is notorious for going into the half with the offense on the field, while losing, with leftover timeouts and not taking them when we need them when time is running out

I've seen him do this more times than I can count

Here is the typical scenario

* We get the ball with 90 seconds left on the clock before the half is over

* we are on our 30 yard line

* we don't get the ball back after the half

* we have two timeouts

* we are losing by more than a touchdown

We run our typical "option read"  up the middle, we don't gain any yards... we do it again... and go into the half with our timeouts

It's awful... I've seen this happen so many times. I don't buy his excuses, I saw him do this firsthand at GT before going into the half

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Chuck has been a quitter since he started here. I bet if it wasn’t for his wife forcing him to he would given up on signing his offer letter have way through.

He doesn’t use timeouts because he does want to prolong the amount of time he has to spend coaching here

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

“What the hell just happened here”.  Pretty much sums up the Chuckles era.

ineedthisforreactions GIF

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jimbo will never, ever be a D1 coach...you should get use to those words

No Way Smh GIF by Desus & Mero

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

58 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

I sat in the stands at Georgia Tech and watched him go into the half, losing, with two timeouts

Charlie is notorious for going into the half with the offense on the field, while losing, with leftover timeouts and not taking them when we need them when time is running out

Someone else in our history was repeatedly guilty of this as well:  

skip holtz GIF

Deja vu all over again.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

52 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Ok, so relate this back to what I was saying. In essence, that points it back to the coaches, which is why I questioned what was going on.  I don’t get paid enough to figure out all the answers but I think it’s pretty obvious that the Oline is the worst unit on the team. Could it be scheme? Absolutely. We’ve had multiple games where we can’t manage a single point before halftime.  How many sacks did we give up last game? 8? And 10 at a prior game. That’s really, really bad.  

remember when the o-line was terrible our first 2 years under Taggart and then magically we had a top 5 offense with a line that rarely gave up sacks and were great run blockers. They weren't different linemen. We were running a different scheme. one was a prostyle offense with man blocking schemes and the other a read option with zone blocking

they are trying to run a pro-style offense with man blocking schemes again. quote before the season

“But then when we want to drop back and throw the football, we do it on a professional level,” Bell said at his introductory news conference in January. “I’ve always said that, to me, that’s where we separate ourselves from everybody else. A lot of spread teams, I don’t think, can drop back and throw the football on an NFL-type, professional-type level. And that’s what we will bring to the table.”

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/08/28/what-will-usfs-offense-look-like-under-kerwin-bell/

13 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

remember when the o-line was terrible our first 2 years under Taggart and then magically we had a top 5 offense with a line that rarely gave up sacks and were great run blockers. They weren't different linemen. We were running a different scheme. one was a prostyle offense with man blocking schemes and the other a read option with zone blocking

they are trying to run a pro-style offense with man blocking schemes again. quote before the season

“But then when we want to drop back and throw the football, we do it on a professional level,” Bell said at his introductory news conference in January. “I’ve always said that, to me, that’s where we separate ourselves from everybody else. A lot of spread teams, I don’t think, can drop back and throw the football on an NFL-type, professional-type level. And that’s what we will bring to the table.”

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/08/28/what-will-usfs-offense-look-like-under-kerwin-bell/

animation beating myself up GIF by Jay Sprogell