• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong has 2 conference championships...USF has 0

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Thought he was talking about the last (previous) games.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I anticipate him (or is it Bell?) further frustrating the **** out of our fanbase by keeping an ineffective McCloud in for the entirety of the final three games, without ever giving Evans or Rygol a chance, driving away what's left of his supporters.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Wasn't he not available?

Not sure about Evans, but Rygol was as far as I know. A change needed to be made, and it wasn't. Possible Rygol could have come in and changed nothing, but at least try something other than McCloud, who wasn't getting it done, and was making Snow Angels on the turf all night.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Uh oh, we're getting back into the reading/grammar stuff?  Thought you gave that up. I'm hurriedly trying to go through 2 pages of unread topics.  Coaching winning basketball drained me.  😁

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Uh oh, we're getting back into the reading/grammar stuff?  Thought you gave that up. I'm hurriedly trying to go through 2 pages of unread topics. 

Reading and grammar are two totally different things. Grammar is the low hanging fruit. Reading is a little more cerebral. Actually we were both kind of right/wrong. He was more referring to last night's game in his critique of not changing qb's, which I'm not sure I entirely agree with under the circumstances. If Evans was available and he wasn't utilized last night in some fashion, that would have been a mistake, IMO. Not playing Rygol in a game still up for grabs the way things were going wasn't a biggy to me ....

Coaching winning basketball drained me.  😁

Hope you got a game ball ..... and so did the Texas bus driver.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

So Strong has as many USF conference championships as Jimbo Leavitt? Interesting...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Fact!!! CCS has won 2 conference championships and USF has 0. Obviously he has the pedigree. 

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but this program is not historic and has the budget of a D3 school. 

People complain about recruiting, but the budget allows for the coaches to take bag lunches on recruiting trips.

Texas paid more than half of the Salary for the first 2 years. So he needs at least one more year to raid the portal to get some p5 talent until the kids can develop. It worked on defense. 

I’ve got 2 nuts and CCS has none.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Charlie Strong has caused this environment. He rode the coattails of one recruiting class at UL. He regressed at Texas...He has regressed here. It’s just not W’s and L’s...it’s the whole package...the attitudes, the perceived lack of passion...the looks of confusion...the bad game decisions...the weak recruiting rankings...the confusing rambling at the podium...he has to go...USF does not have a choice now...Attendance is terrible...fans are more vocal now than ever....nobody is happy with the product. My assumption is a 4-8 season...he has gone 10-2 to 7-6 to 4-8.....I would rather pay him $7M+ to go then pay him $5M to be here. Hopefully the $7M can be paid in yearly installments.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

Charlie Strong has caused this environment. He rode the coattails of one recruiting class at UL. He regressed at Texas...He has regressed here. It’s just not W’s and L’s...it’s the whole package...the attitudes, the perceived lack of passion...the looks of confusion...the bad game decisions...the weak recruiting rankings...the confusing rambling at the podium...he has to go...USF does not have a choice now...Attendance is terrible...fans are more vocal now than ever....nobody is happy with the product. My assumption is a 4-8 season...he has gone 10-2 to 7-6 to 4-8.....I would rather pay him $7M+ to go then pay him $5M to be here. Hopefully the $7M can be paid in yearly installments.

agreed. we are going to have to pay him either way. I'd rather us pay him not to coach. that's how bad this has gotten.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,626
  • Days Won:  25

Strong has zero championships and zero wins against our "rival".  Strong inherited a team that has legitimate NFL talent still playing and dropped a turd by not winning the conference that year. We have gotten worse for three straight seasons with his players coming on the team and replacing the talent he inherited. We have not had a decent receiver since MVS and McCants left. The GCO was explosive and he ditched it for the most boring and plain offense there is.  He literally is sucking the life  and talent out of this program. The players have zero passion and intensity and mimic his personality on the field.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

This topic is dumb... championships aside.  If CCS can't win games he should win (GT, temple) he will never win a championship. He gives up and rides to the locker room with timeouts. Name another coach out there that does that?  I assume the announcers watch more football than all of us and they were dumbfounded. CCS is all but retired at this point. Just riding out his contract and laughing at us dumbass fans that keep tuning into the **** show.