• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

So based on recent reports looks like FSU s planning to hire Bob Stoops and keep Kendall Briles and OC and place Jim Leavitt as DC. That was fast

Yes FSU was willing to thrust right into action!!!

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

5 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

So based on recent reports looks like FSU s planning to hire Bob Stoops and keep Kendall Briles and OC and place Jim Leavitt as DC. That was fast

Seems they hired Leavitt to help bring in Stoops.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

I stopped paying attention to Willie taggart career after he left here. Did he ever win a bowl game or a championship?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, MMW said:

I stopped paying attention to Willie taggart career after he left here. Did he ever win a bowl game or a championship?

No and no 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

The vast majority knows CCS is now a bad hire and needs to go, he may leave this year or he may leave next year but rest assured he is going, brybull is spot on.  This marriage is on life support just waiting for a miracle or more likely for Kelly to pull the plug.

Vast majority references not firing coaches midseason in college football.  There's been 2 fired so far this season (1 with a couple of games left and a school that clearly is targeting someone specific).  Wait and see how many get fired after the season this year and every year.

When I start seeing coaches fired midseason in college football more than after the season, then I'll "reconsider" 🙄

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Vast majority references not firing coaches midseason in college football.  There's been 2 fired so far this season (1 with a couple of games left and a school that clearly is targeting someone specific).  Wait and see how many get fired after the season this year and every year.

When I start seeing coaches fired midseason in college football more than after the season, then I'll "reconsider" 🙄

The thing is that USF does not need to rush as they pretty have the HC in waiting with KB. Think the plan is to have CCS coach the next few years before possibly retiring. USF is gonna be fine 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

22 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

If we go 3 and 1 these last 4 games I'm guessing the people in my group would renew.  If we go 1 - 3 and look like we did vs SMU I'm kind of doubting they'll re-up.  Of course if we look like we did vs SMU we'll go 0 - 4.  

After the BYU game one couple said it was the first time they've seen an exciting game.  They used to come to 1 or 2 games a year but bought in for the whole season through us.  

We're starting to see more excitement out of the offense. Would hope your friends stick with your group.

Tough road ahead this month, but we have some momentum leading into it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

This month makes or breaks CCS tenure as a coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

This month makes or breaks CCS tenure as a coach.

Always remember this program is broke and don't have the luxury of buyouts. The posters of this board are not BMDs and have absolutely no say. I mean this team still practices in hurricanes outside. The good news is....we can fill holes with the portal and expect 7 to 10 more this upcoming year!!!

Willie hooked the fans on #baymade because he was lazy. By the time other schools picked the state there is not much left. Great time to get better experienced better talent that at least practiced against better competition. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Always remember this program is broke and don't have the luxury of buyouts. The posters of this board are not BMDs and have absolutely no say. I mean this team still practices in hurricanes outside. The good news is....we can fill holes with the portal and expect 7 to 10 more this upcoming year!!!

Willie hooked the fans on #baymade because he was lazy. By the time other schools picked the state there is not much left. Great time to get better experienced better talent that at least practiced against better competition. 

They had money for some huge "Portal" thing to bring in the talent that our coaches can't develop locally.