• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

KB says changes to offense this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

it's ridiculous that they are trying to blame our situation on Taggart. Those guys really don't have a clue a lot of the time.

4 of those players were kicked off by Strong. 4 others left while strong was here. that class was 13 players. that's 8 of them right there.

Heck more than 25% of Strong's 2017 class isn't here anymore and 8 of the 11 he kicked off last year were signed by him.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Funny timing I am just listening to this on their pod cast

Taggart is responsible for 6 of our starters. If you look at UCF and take all redshirt juniors and older(those Taggart is responsible for) then they would have 7 of those as starters.

it's beyond dumb to blame Taggart for a class that was 13 players large for being the reason when strong was directly involved for 8 of those leaving.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Taggart is responsible for 6 of our starters. If you look at UCF and take all redshirt juniors and older(those Taggart is responsible for) then they would have 7 of those as starters.

it's beyond dumb to blame Taggart for a class that was 13 players large for being the reason when strong was directly involved for 8 of those leaving.

Other than losing, kicking people off the team is what Charlie has become known for. I don't recall Holtz or Taggart...or any other coach off the top of my head....who cleans house the way Charlie does. Not saying he's wrong, but I wonder what Charlie saw to kick these guys off that Taggart didn't see.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

he was our #3 receiver his sophomore year behind Mccants and MVS

His freshman year he was behind Rodney Adams MVS McCants

Last year we were 7-2 in the games he played before he was suspended. He was also our #2 receiver behind only McCants before his suspension.

Again I add all that up and he was a player for one season. The fact he did not get picked up by anyone shows he either flamed out or had attitude issues. Regardless I would not want him on USF. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

19 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

You can just see the case building for the old "It isn't his fault", excuse.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

It's all a very circular argument. There isn't one easy answer. 

The one thing that CCS points to and it is a fair argument is that USF hasn't put money into football recently other than paying CCS and his staff quite a bit of money. 

The Lee Roy Selmon Athletic Center opened in May 2004 and cost $15 million and houses all of USF's sports teams except basketball, sailing and volleyball. 

The baseball, softball, soccer and tennis along with the outdoor football fields was started in 2010 for $33.5 million. 

The Sun Dome remodel was done in 2012 for $35.6 million. 

So if you are recruit, going to all of these schools with New Facilities, which one are you going to choose?

The previous administration seemed to think if you just made good connections with Louisville, that would be enough to keep everything going well. They lucked into a good situation with the Big East and were wholly unprepared to deal with any changes.  They mostly ignored athletics. To their credit, there have been advances made in academics which is where they seemed to focus most of their energy. 

As to athletics, it seems that Kelly is trying to deal with this logically which may also the most painful option which is, suck it up, get on a budget and pay as we go. Which means unless someone is feeling real generous, there are no magical quick happy outcomes on the horizon.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 hours ago, Bull94 said:

Atterbury and norman had 12 starts between them in 2016 as redshirt Freshmen.

I guarantee nobody complained about our line then. we were breaking all sorts of offensive records.

I get that technique and strength have a lot to do with how they play but if you don't believe there is a difference between the skill sets necessary to be a pro-style o-lineman and a spread lineman then you are naive.

Yea there is a diffenece however when kids aren't given the necessary S&C and technique work and developed things like simple bull rushes and speed rushes become **** near unstoppable for them. Those kids have regressed to FAR below 2016 performance because they of the lack of of effective coaching and development. They play with poor bend, their punches are weak, and their footwork is atrocious. Please tell me what scheme that fits? 

5 minutes ago, usf97 said:

It's all a very circular argument. There isn't one easy answer. 

The one thing that CCS points to and it is a fair argument is that USF hasn't put money into football recently other than paying CCS and his staff quite a bit of money. 

The Lee Roy Selmon Athletic Center opened in May 2004 and cost $15 million and houses all of USF's sports teams except basketball, sailing and volleyball. 

The baseball, softball, soccer and tennis along with the outdoor football fields was started in 2010 for $33.5 million. 

The Sun Dome remodel was done in 2012 for $35.6 million. 

So if you are recruit, going to all of these schools with New Facilities, which one are you going to choose?

The previous administration seemed to think if you just made good connections with Louisville, that would be enough to keep everything going well. They lucked into a good situation with the Big East and were wholly unprepared to deal with any changes.  They mostly ignored athletics. To their credit, there have been advances made in academics which is where they seemed to focus most of their energy. 

As to athletics, it seems that Kelly is trying to deal with this logically which may also the most painful option which is, suck it up, get on a budget and pay as we go. Which means unless someone is feeling real generous, there are no magical quick happy outcomes on the horizon.  

According to 24/7,Taggart had the #1 recruiting classes in the AAC in

Last I checked he had the same "excuses" that Strong uses.

Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yea there is a diffenece however when kids aren't given the necessary S&C and technique work and developed things like simple bull rushes and speed rushes become **** near unstoppable for them. Those kids have regressed to FAR below 2016 performance because they of the lack of of effective coaching and development. They play with poor bend, their punches are weak, and their footwork is atrocious. Please tell me what scheme that fits? 

trust me I'm not arguing that their development has been top notch.

Just pointing out that it is much more difficult for a kid to transition from a spread o-lineman to a pro-style o-linemen

It will take time