• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just In Straight Off The Wire....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, DJBulls said:

where did you hear this?

I’m guessing the same place he heard about us landing a couple of 4* recruits after scheduling Bama. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I’m guessing the same place he heard about us landing a couple of 4* recruits after scheduling Bama. 

I hope that was sarcasm in getting 7 or 8 wins if we played BB...he does realize not one SMU starter was in when BB was back there...anyways...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Wait until next year...again.  🙄

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The portal speaks?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

56 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Wait until next year...again.  🙄

Now where have I heard that before?    ↑↑ :roflmao: ↑↑

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Now where have I heard that before?    ↑↑ :roflmao: ↑↑

...and you will be hearing it again next year regardless of what happens to the coaching situation 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Have we ever had a successful football season where the qb didn't have to run for their life? 

I came in during the back end of the Grothe years. Watched the BJ Daniels transition. And I clearly remember the torture of trying to find a replacement for BJ.

What made Grothe, Daniels, and Flowers so successful in my eyes is they punished defenses for blitzing. So then our opponents were forced to have a qb spy and attempt to stack the line,  which caused them to get beat for the long ball. So they adjust which opened up run lanes. Then it was a pick your poison type thing in my overly simplified recap. 

So I personally would stick with the most mobile qb. Which is JM. I felt like he played it too cool in the pocket and it collapsed on him. If he has the 2/3 passing options and if there not there run mindset,  that may work out better. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

Have we ever had a successful football season where the qb didn't have to run for their life? 

I came in during the back end of the Grothe years. Watched the BJ Daniels transition. And I clearly remember the torture of trying to find a replacement for BJ.

What made Grothe, Daniels, and Flowers so successful in my eyes is they punished defenses for blitzing. So then our opponents were forced to have a qb spy and attempt to stack the line,  which caused them to get beat for the long ball. So they adjust which opened up run lanes. Then it was a pick your poison type thing in my overly simplified recap. 

So I personally would stick with the most mobile qb. Which is JM. I felt like he played it too cool in the pocket and it collapsed on him. If he has the 2/3 passing options and if there not there run mindset,  that may work out better. 

interesting article on the GCO and how many teams started to mimic it. essentially the running QB sets up everything with zone reads. brings the safeties up to open deep balls and gets linebackers out of position to open up the run. not sure if mccloud is that type but we need to get back to a similar type of offense. we have never had the o-line to run a prostyle drop back run between the tackles type of offense.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/12/1/16706538/the-ac-and-the-gulf-coast-offense-houston-memphis-ucf-usf-florida-state-willie-taggart

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

While I agree that our OL is not good, I thought that he held the ball way to long.

The other side of that is that our WR's don't help at all. They can't get separation from anybody and seem to have no desire to fight for the ball. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

While I agree that our OL is not good, I thought that he held the ball way to long.

The other side of that is that our WR's don't help at all. They can't get separation from anybody and seem to have no desire to fight for the ball. 

nothing against the guy but we have a walk-on WR that is 3rd this year in receiving(#1 WR behind Wilcox and Ford). our next leading WR is 6th.same thing happened when Holtz was here.

it isn't that the line isn't any good, it's the offense we are running. they don't have the skill set to run a drop back pro-style offense that runs between the tackles.

Edited by Bull94