• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I go on a business trip for three days, AND

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Shockingly enough back when I played hockey I lived in the penalty box

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

Sorry to hear someone was ran off.  There's no need to be a-holes. I've noticed this phenomenon with any subculture though.  Music, sports, any fandom.  Makes it tougher to really get into something.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Isn’t Chicago and Turabian the same thing?

Yes, you are correct. Got that confused.  I am a APA guy (business) so I don’t use the others. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I always thought if you did not like the thread you would simply move to the next.  I hate to think we have to walk on egg shells in the forum, I liken our discussions to locker room talk that at times may cross the line but that is what men do. With that said, I amlooking forward to the PUC symposium on etiquette and believe he may be the one to help us avoid these issues in the future.

I agree with you, but Brad said he intended for this to be a family forum, and I'm not sure some of the content in that thread qualified. I don't want to feel the need to walk on eggshells either, but I get where Brad is coming from in this case.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm assuming that it was the "Welcome" thread for a new female member here that did it. I also thought that some of the posts in that thread went over the line, but unless I missed something, it seems a tad sensitive for a long time member to up and leave over that. I've seen worse on other sports related message boards. Having said that, Mike was a good contributor here, and hopefully he reconsiders. As someone mentioned in an earlier post, even one person leaving here is noticeable. 

The new member of that thread had a usf.edu email. Mike may have known her ...

18 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I agree with you, but Brad said he intended for this to be a family forum, and I'm not sure some of the content in that thread qualified. I don't want to feel the need to walk on eggshells either, but I get where Brad is coming from in this case.

I think the line was crossed when someone found a police record on the individual (or at least the name). For me, I don’t really care, if it bothered me I would just move on or make a statement about why it’s wrong without leaving the board. But everyone is different in that regards. If he knew this individual then that is a different story. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

Did we all just make a breakthrough?

I hope so.  I've said in the past, I don't keep track of who says what and I would welcome any of you into my home. We're Bulls fans and that is what matters.  OK, maybe Calibull but I invited him any way.  

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

41 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Sorry to hear someone was ran off.  There's no need to be a-holes. I've noticed this phenomenon with any subculture though.  Music, sports, any fandom.  Makes it tougher to really get into something.

I don’t think all were being aholes for the sake of being aholes but rather the hypothesis tossed out that it was one of a clandestine Kanigit invasion and responses were accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I hope so.  I've said in the past, I don't keep track of who says what and I would welcome any of you into my home. We're Bulls fans and that is what matters.  OK, maybe Calibull but I invited him any way.  

Calibull will be back at the start of next year. We all love the start of a new year when hope springs eternal. 

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don’t think all were being aholes for the sake of being aholes but rather the hypothesis tossed out that it was one of a clandestine Kanigit invasion and responses were accordingly. 

Yeah it just seemed weird that people were joining all of a sudden and they were all using a name as opposed to a handle. Not excusing what happened but it was out of the norm.