• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I go on a business trip for three days, AND

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Turabian...what is this, amateur hour?

J True, your kinda a weird dude but I dig it. That’s a internet hug Brad!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Now I feel like I need to go read every thread from the week. Hope Mike returns, it was always fun to read his views even during the 3 or 4 years I lurked here before I joined. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Now I feel like I need to go read every thread from the week. Hope Mike returns, it was always fun to read his views even during the 3 or 4 years I lurked here before I joined. 

The stuff I said has been incinerated. And rightly so.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

It was deleted

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The stuff I said has been incinerated. And rightly so.

I know right. After thinking about all of my mean posts over the years I was trying to destroy them...

burning ray donovan GIF by Showtime

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

51 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Turabian...what is this, amateur hour?

True...Chicago and APA are the only ones that matter....MLA would still be good for this board as there are indeed a lot of amateurs here 😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

11 hours ago, 206BULL said:

I'm assuming that it was the "Welcome" thread for a new female member here that did it. I also thought that some of the posts in that thread went over the line, but unless I missed something, it seems a tad sensitive for a long time member to up and leave over that. I've seen worse on other sports related message boards. Having said that, Mike was a good contributor here, and hopefully he reconsiders. As someone mentioned in an earlier post, even one person leaving here is noticeable. 

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm assuming that it was the "Welcome" thread for a new female member here that did it. I also thought that some of that posts in that thread went over the line, but unless I missed something, it seems a tad sensitive for a long time member to up and leave over that. I've seen worse on other sports related message boards. Having said that, Mike was a good contributor here, and hopefully he reconsiders. As someone mentioned in an earlier post, even one person leaving here is noticeable. 

Some things crossed the line like you said and we can't judge want other people find offensive.  I've reached out to him so we can only wait and see.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Some things crossed the line like you said and we can't judge want other people find offensive.  I've reached out to him so we can only wait and see.

Fair enough. This is generally a pretty "clean" forum for the most part, but I can see why that thread would be off-putting. Probably drove off the new member as well as Mike. Deleting it was a good move.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Some things crossed the line like you said and we can't judge want other people find offensive

I always thought if you did not like the thread you would simply move to the next.  I hate to think we have to walk on egg shells in the forum, I liken our discussions to locker room talk that at times may cross the line but that is what men do. With that said, I amlooking forward to the PUC symposium on etiquette and believe he may be the one to help us avoid these issues in the future.