• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anyone else leave on the ACC network?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

21 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

What overall tone do you pick up from puc86 if not hate lol? And I don't disagree with your stance that XCWT cashed out, but I say it's better than being fired. We got paid for him to leave the program better than he found it. His last two seasons were 8-5 and 10-2. I'd love to have either again to be honest. I'd especially enjoy having the hope and optimism that came with him being here. 

Most of us agree with everything you wrote however no way in heck we want him back.  He was an up and comer filled with piss and vinegar, now he is exposed and lost that shine, he is pretty much just piss now and we already got one like him, don’t need to repeat our mistake after CCS exits.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s not hateful to say a losing record, zero bowl victories, no marquee victories and no sustained success are not typically trademarks of great coach. It also isn’t hateful to say that if he flames out at FSU his career trajectory will be a lot like CCS’ when he came here. 

Lets pretend you have a wife that you got as a fixer upper. For 2.5 years she basically doesn’t work and everyone tells you that you should get divorced but you stick by her. Then you groom her get her a make over or two, get her a job and she becomes by all measures a pretty good wife. A year later she then decides to leave you for another guy, a year later she leaves that guy for another guy and she now looks kind of like a methed out whore. Now even if you didn’t want to get divorced originally does that really require you to be a hater if you say thanks but no thanks when she wants to get back together because she was left for dead on the side of the road by her last husband? Did I mention she also has an overall losing record?

I guess I can go with your analogy. Our football program was a domestically abused spouse. She's a good woman, loyal,  but damaged physically, emotionally, and mentally. Xcwt was the good guy who didn't take things too fast and help build up our confidence and helped us to love again.

After we were back on our feet and doing well,  he realized that he wasn't the right one for us. We had a peaceful break up and both moved on. We liked our new mate but we are still hoping our old flame will realize the mistake he made in leaving us and ultimately pay for it a little. 

Oregon was in rough shape and he went 7-5... not a bad outing. Florida State is in rougher shape and he's 1-1. If he stops having 2nd half meltdowns,  they'll be pretty good this year. 

I don't know if you are intentionally forgetting how bad Holtz did us or not. We were absolutely horrible. Matt Floyd was our starting quarterback... If you build a career on putting out dumpster fires, your overall record won't be good. He showed steady improvement each year,  which is better than where we are currently.  Bowl games don't matter,  they're nice,  but they don't matter unless we're going to a premier bowl. And Xcwt didn't make the schedule... you don't get brownie points because you played in the Big East and had more opportunities to play storied programs. And you can't have sustained success if you're chasing bigger goals/dreams. He's in his 10th year of coaching and he's rebuilt 2 programs and working on his 3rd out of 4 schools.  Not a bad track record at all in my opinion. He's worked his butt off for everything he has, living the American dream at a young age. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I guess I can go with your analogy. Our football program was a domestically abused spouse. She's a good woman, loyal,  but damaged physically, emotionally, and mentally. Xcwt was the good guy who didn't take things too fast and help build up our confidence and helped us to love again.

After we were back on our feet and doing well,  he realized that he wasn't the right one for us. We had a peaceful break up and both moved on. We liked our new mate but we are still hoping our old flame will realize the mistake he made in leaving us and ultimately pay for it a little. 

Oregon was in rough shape and he went 7-5... not a bad outing. Florida State is in rougher shape and he's 1-1. If he stops having 2nd half meltdowns,  they'll be pretty good this year. 

I don't know if you are intentionally forgetting how bad Holtz did us or not. We were absolutely horrible. Matt Floyd was our starting quarterback... If you build a career on putting out dumpster fires, your overall record won't be good. He showed steady improvement each year,  which is better than where we are currently.  Bowl games don't matter,  they're nice,  but they don't matter unless we're going to a premier bowl. And Xcwt didn't make the schedule... you don't get brownie points because you played in the Big East and had more opportunities to play storied programs. And you can't have sustained success if you're chasing bigger goals/dreams. He's in his 10th year of coaching and he's rebuilt 2 programs and working on his 3rd out of 4 schools.  Not a bad track record at all in my opinion. He's worked his butt off for everything he has, living the American dream at a young age. 

If Holtz left us in bad shape because Floyd was our QB who exactly did CWT have lined up to replace Flowers when he left the cupboards completely stocked? 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

22 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

He's worked his butt off for everything he has, living the American dream at a young age.

Yeah he did great for himself.  Awesome.  No one hates him, but he left on his own for cash and didn't win a bowl game or championship here.  So... yeah I am not rooting for FSU, so I'm enjoying the miserable FSU fans texting me asking us to take him back.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

I'd take XCWT back in a heartbeat. His energy, his recruiting, and the end results. He left the shelves stocked with talent. Y'all seem to forget that  he took over for Holtz, who left us with a losing culture and mindset. And the players on the team weren't anywhere near what we needed. 

His team's were exciting to watch, especially when he righted the ship. Can you imagine what he could do with Mcloud??? I even credit him for Strong's first year's success. That was his team continuing to do what he coached them to do, and that's win. 

I believe some of you hate XCWT because his team earned the right to be compared to XCJL's team of legend. You also feel slighted because he left us for greener pastures. XCWT  did everything he was supposed to do. Got us back in the national rankings, changed the culture, and got us talent. You can't ask more of him than you did XCJL, who was fired and didn't leave on his own terms. He got us national rankings without being in a power conference. Xcwt got us talent without the allure of playing against the storied programs. He also has quite a bit of offensive talent that made it to the nfl. He did everything Levitt did without the added bonus of being the first coach. 

Some of you are way too bitter...

He is now a part of the world of retreads...no thanks...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If Holtz left us in bad shape because Floyd was our QB who exactly did CWT have lined up to replace Flowers when he left the cupboards completely stocked? 

Flowers was still here and didn't need replacing but I think Chris Oladokun is doing ok for himself.

Edited by TromBull12

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,298
  • Days Won:  25

We need to hire a young up and coming OC or DC that actually want to be here. Someone similar the Dan Mullins to Mississippi State, Frost to UCF, Diaz to Miami, Kingsbury at Texas Tech, and let them build the culture and program up . The problem we have is once our coaches our successful they will leave to get rich at bigger p5 schools. I do not think we should have hire retreads again.

10 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

Flowers was still here and didn't need replacing but I think Chris Oladokun is doing ok for himself.

He has one season left when CWT left, he needed a replacement 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

What level is Chris playing at? There's a reason he transferred lower.....

9 minutes ago, mjadams said:

What level is Chris playing at? There's a reason he transferred lower.....

That’s because he didn’t get all of that amazing coaching up that CWT has used to develop all that talent during his illustrious career. Chris would have been amazing under CWT because CWT stacked the roster and everyone just didn’t get to see that fact because he left, just ask his disciples. FSU just has no talent obviously because CWT is a great coach even if there isn’t a single measurable that would be typically used to measure a coach that would point to that idea. CWT had 2.5 years of absolute garbage here and 1.5 years of okay to good, CCS has 1.5 years of okay to good and now a year of absolute garbage. Objectively if we were being consistent CCS would deserve more time but we live in a world that has proven there are good people out there that can get results immediately and can actually have sustained success(unfortunately here it’s only ever been one person and CWT and CCS weren’t even close to that guy).